Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this may sound stupied but am not sure what it is at the back of my new typhoon intake on the lower part there is a hole at the back of it goin stright down what is this hole??? the original intake has it to what is it and whats it for ??

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Sounds like the hole for the PCV valve, if it's in the center and faces straight up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it is the pcv valve but i wasent sure what does this valve do?
and can i take the one from my stock h.o intake and put it in my new typhoon or shouod i buy a new one?? and how do u put this in?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You probably might as well get a new one. There is a rubber grommet which goes in the hole, the PCV valve goes into it. You can probably get the grommet out of your old intake, but I think Ford sells them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do ii install this does it jus push into the hole or is there more to it and should i just go to any parts store and ask for a pcv valves for a 5.0 mustang or is there other kinds sincce my car will be pushing lots of power?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Brendin said:
How do I install this, does it just push into the hole, or is there more to it; and should I just go to any parts store and ask for a pcv valves for a 5.0 mustang or is there other kinds, since my car will be pushing lots of power?
Push the grommet into the intake, and then push the PCV valve into the grommet. It's not much different from a beaker and rubber stopper in chemestry lab.
I guess you would use a stock PCV valve, even on a heavily modded car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.