Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who makes the loudest supercharger, which one has the loudest whine to it...... I eventually want to S/C my '06 auto GT and I'm leaning towards the Saleen kit, but which has that 'Shelby GT500' whine to it, the Kenne Bell, Saleen, Roush or Ford Racing? I like the sound of the whine at full boost, not to mention the added power of course.:hihi: thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Dont mess around in the aftermarket. Go KB.

If you want a lot of whine, get a forged bottom end and crank to boost up and let it work. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think kenne bell has the loudest but they all sound very good.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I dont know what the loudest is, but those Prochargers sound like freaking jet engines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The GT 500 whine comes from a Roots style Eaton blower, not a Whipple or KB twin screw. The Terminator Cobra whine is similar to the Lightning and GT 500. Personally, I think the KB screams the war cry loudest. :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Id vote on the ProCharger being the loudest.
you can tell the sound of them over others...a sound of their own.. I agree with the jet engine tone.
Saleen and KB can be loud with smaller pullies. those and the whipple have close to the same "whine" sound.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Prochargers sound like freaking jet engines
Before going turbo, I had a procharger P1SC and it did sound like a jet engine. Turbo is very quiet in comparison, as is a KB.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
It might just be me but I would think that sound would not rank up there in my reasons to buy a particular brand of supercharger. :)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'm with you Mark...I never gave that any thought whatsoever: instead, I wanted a manufacturer with a proven track record (literally).

As for making almost ANY supercharger louder, just take off the filter of the BOV or use a race valve and I guarantee you that you'll think of "loud" in a whole new way.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT Procharger and Kooks Dyno Run

Procharger P1SC to me is the best street legal supercharger. I dont know many other S/C that can pull off over 600rwhp with there street legal SC. I plan to hit 700 rwhp with this car on race gas.

(NOT CA STREET LEGAL, I have LT Headers but that is the only thing that is stopping it from passing every inspection in CA)

I dont know many cars that can pull close to 700rwhp and be CA legal.

My BOV is the race BOV which was my favorite mod so far :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
It might just be me but I would think that sound would not rank up there in my reasons to buy a particular brand of supercharger. :)
I'm with you Mark...I never gave that any thought whatsoever: instead, I wanted a manufacturer with a proven track record (literally).
Me neither, but the question was posed so I thought I would answer. For me it was how complete the kit was (including the all important fuel system--GT 500 pumps), and the cooler intake temps for street driving. And the 2.3 twin screw really responds out of the hole.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess there are many nuances of being a whine connoisseur.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
10,876 Posts

As for making almost ANY supercharger louder, just take off the filter of the BOV or use a race valve and I guarantee you that you'll think of "loud" in a whole new way.
Performance and reliableity is what I would be looking at.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Actually, when I get one, I want the quietest I can find. :) I'd rather be stealthy.
Lol How stealthy can you be with a badass Cervini's kit?? you look at the car, you know itll have the balls to back it up.. :bigthumbsup:gringreen

But when the time comes for whatever kind of F/I i get, i want performance and reliability also, its my DD..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.