Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6M transmission has recently gotten extremely notchy and it is hard to get into reverse (have to put it in a different gear first). I haven't had many problems aside from a tough time getting it to engage smoothly, but the notchiness seems to be getting really bad really quick.

I am bringing the car into the dealer tomorrow to get a front-end alignment and I want to see about getting them to replace the tranny fluid. I swear I saw a thread on here where people were having it done, but I can't find anything. Anyone?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The TSB is 11-03-18 but I would really think about it as it states that this is for cold temps. I had mine done in march it help the shifting some what but still notchy and now I have transmission whine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
See my thread about this...

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
First off, check your owners manual, if it says the type of fluid to use is Motorcraft Duel Clutch ... the TSB is not for your car... Should be on page 303...
If not... take it to your dealer for a free change out...
If it does say to use the fluid type stated above... its as good as it gets...

F

·
0 Posts
My 6M transmission has recently gotten extremely notchy and it is hard to get into reverse (have to put it in a different gear first). I haven't had many problems aside from a tough time getting it to engage smoothly, but the notchiness seems to be getting really bad really quick.

I am bringing the car into the dealer tomorrow to get a front-end alignment and I want to see about getting them to replace the tranny fluid. I swear I saw a thread on here where people were having it done, but I can't find anything. Anyone?
Hi roybotnik,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I’d like to escalate this for you. Could you message me with your dealer, mileage, contact info and VIN?

Deysha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts