Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to swap to a T5 on my 2.3 and wondering if it will bolt up and, if it has the same input shaft diameter and length as the 4 speed I am running now. The trans ID tag on my 4 speed is long gone. The car I am putting it in originally came with a 6 cyl and an automatic. Then was changed before I got it to a 2.3 w/ 4 speed. So I have no idea what this trans came from.
The only numbers are on the top of the case reading
E474A 7003 GA
Then has a build code 023587
There is also stamped into the top of the case behind where the bellhousing bolts up to the trans these numbers
EUA92285

I measured the input shaft diameter on the 4 speed and it reads .095"
And from the end of the shaft (which is also even with the mounting surface on the bellhousing) to the sleeve where the throwout bearing is measured 2.943"
I have a T5 from a 2.3 located but, I do not have it yet. I just wanted to be sure it would work before I bought it.
Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
as of the past year ive been working the other way on an 87 lx with the t-5 i am swaping trans to the older 85 4 speed i know for shure that the drive shafts are differnt between the too the clutch cable is slightly differnt your 4 speed you will need the one for the t-5 if it is from a 4 cyl that bell will work on your 4 cyl if it is from a v-8 youll need a bell the input shaft is different between the two so get the drive shaft from the t-5 and put it on your car as well hope i helped :bigthumbsupim new on this site and i think i like it here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.