Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year of waiting and lurking on the board getting some great information on the 2011 GT, am getting ready to start negotiating on a 2011 GT Premium from dealer stock with a build date 5/10 :( ...

Dealer's first quote is $200 below invoice plus $1500 discount, total of $4400 off MSRP.

Does anyone have a feel for Ford's bottom line pricing for clearing out the '2011s now that the '12s are arriving?

TIA!

·
Registered
635 Posts
After a year of waiting and lurking on the board getting some great information on the 2011 GT, am getting ready to start negotiating on a 2011 GT Premium from dealer stock with a build date 5/10 :( ...

Dealer's first quote is $200 below invoice plus $1500 discount, total of $4400 off MSRP.

Does anyone have a feel for Ford's bottom line pricing for clearing out the '2011s now that the '12s are arriving?

TIA!
Sounds like a decent deal if the car is optioned the way you want. Try the Geico or USAA or Costco buying services. Also use Edmunds to find the latest regional incentives.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal if the car is optioned the way you want. Try the Geico or USAA or Costco buying services. Also use Edmunds to find the latest regional incentives.
very good advice.. if it is optioned close to what your want.. wait..

and use the service mentioned. 1k below invoice plus incenteves is not that odd..

beers

·
Banned
902 Posts
If that's where the dealer started, I bet you can get even lower. Counter offer another $2500 lower than the dealer quote and take it from there. Ain't got nonthin' to lose. Keep in mind all that we are now talking about last year's model now that the 2012's are shipping, so they have to be motivated to move existing stock.

-ace72

·
Registered
147 Posts
Keep in mind all that we are now talking about last year's model now that the 2012's are shipping, so they have to be motivated to move existing stock.

-ace72
Yes, I agree. I've ordered a 2012 and the dealer is offering that under invoice, so a 2011 should get a bit sweeter deal offered.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
If they give you all incentives plus their built in mark up plus the "dealer hold back" and just unload the car to you basically at x-plan price with no profit the deal comes to about $4,700 off and their is available 0% financing for 60 months or 1.9% for 66 or 72 months.

I got around $3,900 plus 1.9% for 66 and had a finance guy at another dealer tell me he would have given me the full $4,700 off a white version of my car that they wanted rid of.

A year ago people were paying sticker or even a couple grand OVER sticker to get into their 11s so i would say now is the time to deal.

You can wait another month and go even deeper on the deals however the selection of available models is going to go down to the point you may not find the car you want....thats why i didnt wait any longer.

·
Banned
902 Posts
I hope the 2 heavily optioned '11 'verts I've found are still available come May/June when I hope to be ready to buy. Both are optioned the same, but one is black, the other white, and it would be great to be able to play one dealer against the other to offer the steepest discount to unload it. At almost 45k MSRP, I will start negotiation at 37k and we'll see where it goes from there.

There will definitely be some great deals out there on 2011's, just got to do your homework, find the models you like, and be willing to walk away if the discount isn't steep enough. I swear you have to start walking away at least once and let 'em improve their offer one more time to get the best deal.

-ace72

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used AOL's pricing service a couple of weeks ago and got $571 below invoice and $3250 in rebates (including $1000 "trade assistance" cash from Ford, and $750 brochure rebate). I suspect I could have negotiated more with another dealer, but one of the dealer leads I got from the service, Chestatee Ford, was so straightforward and easy to work with compared to the other Atlanta dealers I visited, that I don't mind a bit if I left a couple hundred on the table.

Given the current inventory situation with the 2012s coming on line, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford threw in some more cash somewhere along the line here, or if the dealers started giving up more of the holdback to move the last '11s. Balanced against that though, is going to be that as the weather gets better, demands may go up, though.

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA... $5000 off all 2011's... and that's BEFORE you haggle.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I hope the 2 heavily optioned '11 'verts I've found are still available come May/June when I hope to be ready to buy. Both are optioned the same, but one is black, the other white, and it would be great to be able to play one dealer against the other to offer the steepest discount to unload it. At almost 45k MSRP, I will start negotiation at 37k and we'll see where it goes from there.

There will definitely be some great deals out there on 2011's, just got to do your homework, find the models you like, and be willing to walk away if the discount isn't steep enough. I swear you have to start walking away at least once and let 'em improve their offer one more time to get the best deal.

-ace72
That's the risk you take. The longer you wait, the less likely a 2011 optioned the way you want will be available. Is that last $500 really worth it for a color that you really don't care for or for an interior option you will never have over the life of the car. The answer to that question for me would be no.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts