Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't come to a conclusion. What kind of exhasut should I get on my 02 3.8L? Idk if I should just order a system or have a shop make it. I don't want/ can't have an O/R pipe and I'm trying to stay as cheap as possible. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
ill tell you what i tell the other 50 ppl a week.

you tube

rersearch then pull the trigger.

a shop cna custom fab a pipe set for you and add muffs or u cna buy ur muffs

i bought mine. then the shop custom bent pipes, took out y pipe and ran everythig for $160

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
ill tell you what i tell the other 50 ppl a week.

you tube

rersearch then pull the trigger.

a shop cna custom fab a pipe set for you and add muffs or u cna buy ur muffs

i bought mine. then the shop custom bent pipes, took out y pipe and ran everythig for $160
Fingers not working today??????:laugh:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Probably the cheapest route is to get a GT take-off exhaust, and either buy the Pacesetter adapter mid pipe, or have an exhuast shop fab up an adapter pipe.

Then you can always change the mufflers to whatever later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ughhh ignore him youtube sucks almost any exauhst sounds good at park and idle.. but 50% sound air or weak accelerating and the other 40% sound like tuner more and more as you get faster

my Only edvice stay away from flowmaster and pypes flow is airy and pypes sound tuner, go slp or borrla true dual if you want a good rummble :scratchchin dyno max with flowmaster is what i have and its a good medium but airy cause the flowmasters

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
pypes sound tuner
since when? have you heard a pypes setup in real life? i have pypes.. and i quite strongly disagree.. its not ricey at all..

·
Registered
60 Posts
since when? have you heard a pypes setup in real life? i have pypes.. and i quite strongly disagree.. its not ricey at all..
rly? my bud got his dual set from pypes and its sounds terrible.. you get full pypes or just pypes muffs? custom or off line?
mide open or standered? there not divorced right?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Flowmaster will give you the best sound, and pypes does have a tuner/raspy sound to it...

·
Registered
268 Posts
i got a 409 pypes catback system stock headers and honestly it is the gnarliest sounding h pipe i've ever heard.

its stock headers so that wont change the pipe turns into 2.5inch after the res. dont put the res on tho. it sounds better. then after the cats it was 3in all the way back to the mufflers and then 3" exhaust tips.

if you want a bassani sound all you gotta do is make the H pipe part a 3.5" and make yer mufflers flow thru and yer tip 3.5" or 4" which ever. it gives it really bad ass suction and flow for yer exhaust and gives it a really deep monsterous tone. it gives me chills when i get past 4k rpms=] lol

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
rly? my bud got his dual set from pypes and its sounds terrible.. you get full pypes or just pypes muffs? custom or off line?
mide open or standered? there not divorced right?
well at the moment its just the standard cat back they sell online.. i mean ill admit its not the loudest craziest sounding exhaust ive ever heard.. but its nowhere near ricey.. i was just with my dad the other day we were testing the speedometer. he was sitting at one spot with this radar gun he managed to get ahold of and when i was off "testing the speedometer" he was like wow the exhaust sounds really good when youre getting on the throttle.. he hates those ricey exhausts.. i doubt hed compliment it if it was ricey.. but anyway did your buddy happen to get the pypes violator mufflers? i got the street-pro mufflers.. theres quite a big difference i dont really like the violators..

·
Registered
268 Posts
yer car wont sound ricey no matter what exhaust you put on it. its a 3.8 v6. the cylinders on this motor are bigger than the cylinders on the gt's 4.6. i get that throaty growl till about 4500 rpm then it gets real loud and kinda mid tone. no where close to a ricer. if you want a super growl all the way thru get long tube headers 2.5 diameter. no cats, no res. after long tubes come together have a flowthru muffler. make the pipes 3in and then 3.5 or 4in tips, either h pipe or true duals. you can have the tips or a sweep=] i heard a camaro with a sweep on it and holy fuh it was crazy lol. i never heard a scarier car in my life.:gringreen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I've been trying to read all these comments and make sense...But I cant. Lol. I don't know much about these. I want my 2001 Cobra to sound BOSS mode. I've gathered that I may need to get a diff exhaust.

I've looked at some SLP Loudmouth Resinators. It seems like thats what I want...can I buy those, take'em somewhere to get put on, and that's it? Or will I need additional stuff with it?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
borlas sound real quite... almost like a more open stock exhaust. unless you get stingers... then theyre pretty loud but a bit tuner-ish. flow 44s and 40s... cherry bomb extremes and flow 10s... there's the best and most popular.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.