Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im going to be honest......im not going to try and out run the po po, unless someones about to die and im taking them to the hospital because all the local ambulances are broken, and thats very unrealistic.

im posting this purely out of curiosity. ive actually driven the crown vics, and ive got to be honest my moms subaru has more pull than they do, and my sixxer is reeal close if not the same. and i also know that they top out at around 140. so besides removing the limiter, what would i have to do to have a car faster than the cop cars? INCLUDING the new impalas.

also, what would have to be done IF (its not gonna happen) i wanted to outrun the chargers?

please dont lecture me on how bad it is to try and run because im NOT going to

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Well I am not going to lecture you but if you are not going to do it. Why would you post it. That is all I am going to say on this except lets keep this thread clean.

·
Registered
344 Posts
upgrade the cooling system, most cops just wait for idiots to just blow there engine not accutally run them down. they just keep pressure on them until they break something.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
step one go to stangnet.com step 2 register there step 3 delete your AFM account:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm with Jim on this one. If it's not going to happen (smells fishy), then why even bother with it?

I would say you need a higher top speed than 140. It's that simple, but you're not going to be able to outrun their radios.

How can I rob a bank and get away with the cash? Don't worry, I'm not going to do it. I'm just wondering :winks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Become a police officer!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
check out VAP Auto - Products they have some good v6 parts. up here most cop cars run 16-17's i think the v6's are high16's. id say gears, vaps intake, and exaust you should be cool. but thien again you might want a lightspeed button to beet their radios.. i keep looking for that buttin so if you find one key me in man:bigthumbsup
do you have beet the heat up thier? here in co if you race a cop you get a free admisions ticket and the cops are actually cool.

·
Registered
636 Posts
you want to outrun the popo??..do what i did...:yup:

p.s. i would never run from the cops.:naughty

G

·
Well I am not going to lecture you but if you are not going to do it. Why would you post it. That is all I am going to say on this except lets keep this thread clean.
I'm with Jim on this one......:bigthumbsup

But you could add a 300 shot of n2o that would do the trick.....

·
Registered
41,825 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
apparently some of you missed the part where i said this is strictly out of curiosity
the reason i ask is because today me and a friend of mine whose dad is an officer were talking about the new charger state trooper cars. she (yes i said she) was telling me about a story about a guy who tried to outrun her dad in a trans am, and how he thought he'd have no problem doing so, because he was originally being chased by a crown vic and her dad in the charger just practically "walked" up to the t/a when he later joined the chase. we then talked about how fast id get busted in my car if i tried that WHICH i never would, so i got to thinking; what would it take for me to outrun a cop? and dont try and tell me that this is just some bogus story, because thats how those pointless internet arguments start.

and i apologize to all who think its wrong to wonder about things in life. i guess im a real rebel for doing that one huh...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
step one go to stangnet.com step 2 register there step 3 delete your AFM account:bigthumbsup
aaaaahaha ya just kill me. thats a knee slapper:thumbdown

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
aaaaahaha ya just kill me. thats a knee slapper:thumbdown
seems like most jumped on ya before the read ur whole question:rollgrin: take it with a grain of salt my man

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
since you're not gonna run from one....(right?) then i assume you mean what do you need to beat a crown vic on a 1/8 + 1/4 mile track, the answer is nothing.

a friend of mine has an 01 police interceptor crown vic, and it has run a best of 10.8 in the 1/8th, which is about 16.8 in the 1/4 mile. any 99-04 stang should walk it with ease.

any V6 mustang will easily outhandle a crown vic as well, police interceptor crown vic's are essentially boats with wheels, and boat anchors for engines. :laugh:
they're not really capable of doing much more than transporting the officer and all of his riot gear.

that being said, be safe out there...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've thought about this myself, especially after that bullrun episode last season where they got to do it in a mostly safe environment. Cause tbh, how much fun would that be? In a safe environment getting to try your darnedest to outrun trained and well equipped police officers. Though it's almost impossible to setup something that is really "Safe" SpikeTV had that Jessie James is a dead man show where he had to outrun the cops, and ultimately he still got busted and he did some pretty stupid things like cutting through a populated golf course.

So clearly, safety is hard to accomplish, but if you really want to beat police officers, your car would literally have to sprout wings and fly. Beating a cop car is cake. Most of us have faster cars than the cops with some basic modifications. The trick though, is that you have to beat the helicopter. This is a little harder. I've no idea whatsoever what kind of speed a helicopter can do, but I could probably safely assume you can't outrun it.

Your best "Mods" would be
1) A talented hacker
~As noted from many police chase videos, it's seldom that a cop ends the chase, more often than not it's an innocent in an intersection. Find a hacker who can access the light grid and turn all your lights green, that would help.

2) High Adrenaline Training
~When the blood gets pumping people stop thinking things out logically and act on impulse. Get used to the feeling of adrenaline flowing through your body and your more likely to be successful.

3) The "God" Mod
~All the preparation in the world doesn't help if you have luck/god/the supernatural working against you. Get yourself a rabbits foot, a cross, and a copy of every religious holy book and secure it in the back seat (Sorry if I offend anyone :smilie)

4) A Bazooka!
~Folks have we not learned anything from Grand Theft Auto video games? A good bazooka will solve all lifes problems. Simply shoot down that pesky helicopter!

5) Trees!
~The only thing that'll keep the helicopters at bay is line of sight, so use that to your advantage.

Sources: TV, Video Games, Hollywood, SpeedTV, and the little red guy on my shoulder.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've thought about this myself, especially after that bullrun episode last season where they got to do it in a mostly safe environment. Cause tbh, how much fun would that be? In a safe environment getting to try your darnedest to outrun trained and well equipped police officers. Though it's almost impossible to setup something that is really "Safe" SpikeTV had that Jessie James is a dead man show where he had to outrun the cops, and ultimately he still got busted and he did some pretty stupid things like cutting through a populated golf course.

So clearly, safety is hard to accomplish, but if you really want to beat police officers, your car would literally have to sprout wings and fly. Beating a cop car is cake. Most of us have faster cars than the cops with some basic modifications. The trick though, is that you have to beat the helicopter. This is a little harder. I've no idea whatsoever what kind of speed a helicopter can do, but I could probably safely assume you can't outrun it.

Your best "Mods" would be
1) A talented hacker
~As noted from many police chase videos, it's seldom that a cop ends the chase, more often than not it's an innocent in an intersection. Find a hacker who can access the light grid and turn all your lights green, that would help.

2) High Adrenaline Training
~When the blood gets pumping people stop thinking things out logically and act on impulse. Get used to the feeling of adrenaline flowing through your body and your more likely to be successful.

3) The "God" Mod
~All the preparation in the world doesn't help if you have luck/god/the supernatural working against you. Get yourself a rabbits foot, a cross, and a copy of every religious holy book and secure it in the back seat (Sorry if I offend anyone :smilie)

4) A Bazooka!
~Folks have we not learned anything from Grand Theft Auto video games? A good bazooka will solve all lifes problems. Simply shoot down that pesky helicopter!

5) Trees!
~The only thing that'll keep the helicopters at bay is line of sight, so use that to your advantage.

Sources: TV, Video Games, Hollywood, SpeedTV, and the little red guy on my shoulder.
me thinks the little red guy on your shoulder is gonna get you in a whole heap of trouble one day, lol. :nogrinner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.