Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter's Mustang is going to be "Candy Tangerine Metal Flake" which is HOK paint. Can anyone tell me what primer to use? I have some body panels stripped and ready for primer, but the car is not ready for the color coat anytime soon.

·
Banned
56 Posts
when you go to get your house of kolor paint ask what kinda primers they have. they sell primers too. probably from pints to gallons then you will need activator too. really look for a primer that has a good bulid and fill that way it will level right when you spray it and you have a good primer fill on the car. You can use dupont primer on a car then paint it with house of colors. Spend your money tho and get some good primer from hok. dont go to pepboys and get can primer and paint your panels and expect it to come out like glasses usually that stuff just make the job worst the undercoating and prep work is the most important thing to making a paint job come out good. but im sure when you go look for your paint you can find a hok primer and activator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.