Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm finally starting the disc brake swap. At the same time, I'll be buying new rims. These are a variation of the Torq Thrust 2's, they almost look like Torq Thrust M's from american racing, but I cant tell what they are exactly. The center cap has a design that I'm sure I've seen before, but the name of the company escapes me.

Any ideas?

Bonus if you can put a name to the color of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
The car looks like it could be Windveil Blue and the rims look like a generic American Racing Rim or Bullitt Rim both type of rim can be found on americanmuscle.com and look very similar.

·
Registered
329 Posts
They are more of a Bullet wheel (TQ wheels have a different style center cap) and the center caps here look like saleen knockoff. There is a guy on another forum that was looking trade his trade saleen center caps for whatever you got - MustangForums.com I hate posting this link here, but this is the only I pic I can find.

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are more of a Bullet wheel (TQ wheels have a different style center cap) and the center caps here look like saleen knockoff. There is a guy on another forum that was looking trade his trade saleen center caps for whatever you got - MustangForums.com I hate posting this link here, but this is the only I pic I can find.
Ah, that's were I've seen em from. Thanks for your knowledge. Anyway, wheres the best place to pick up some Bullitts? I hear most places make you use a spacer or some such.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm pretty sure you are right about them being American Racing Torque Thrust M's

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a chrome torque thrust copy, most likely 17x8 4.5'' backspace. Ar torque thrust m are pretty cheap, maybe $20 more per wheel compared to these seen in the pics. Check out Wheel Details - Discount Tire. I think the one in ur pic is made by rev wheels OE - Replica Wheels
Ah, theTvirus, you've helped me before about rim-related issues.

Is there any difference between the two you listed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe Brittany Blue is what they refer to that color as. Then again it could be Acapulco Blue, I sometimes find it difficult to tell the difference lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts