Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car at the dyno last week, and it made 250rwhp with the mods in my sig below. I expected a little bit higher, does 250 sound about right??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did the shop tune it or just run it to baseline it???

To me that seems low. I know all dyno's are different...my dad made 253whp/287wtq with:
-Stock block 214,000 miles, stock cam, stock injectors
-ported tb to 64-65mm, ported stock heads with 1.7 cobra roller rockers with 5 angle valve job, ported and phenolic spaced (inbetween upper/lower and opened plenum with spacer too) Explorer manifolds
-Home modified MAS sensor (wicked work, all aerodynamically tweaked with bondo'd fairings and stuff, wish I had a pic for you all)
-alu driveshaft, 3.90 with Eaton posi, King Cobra Clutch, billet (heavier) flywheel, 31 spline Superior axles
-MAC cold air with custom ram air
-Extender a/f tuner box, MSD ignition (2 step rev limiter), MSD wires, one step colder plugs
-Long tubes through custom 4 inch extenders (increased torque a few ftlbs)
-15 degrees timing
-Pulleys, short belt (no a/c and ps), still has smog stuff hooked up
-Hurst shifter

With your heads, cam, and intake, and crate engine, I'd expect at least another 30-40 HP. What was the crate motor rated at? 300HP? 250whp is about 290-300 HP. I know my dad has like 5+ years of tuning this thing on the track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The motor comes rated at 340hp. They just ran it to baseline, but car is completely untuned.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tune it. That will make a world of diference. Oh and also, how much torque it have, 5.0s always have more torque than HP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, what is the timing at? You have a fuel pressure regulator? What's the fuel pressure. What do the plugs look like? Lean, rich..??
hechtrod out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.