Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get the rear wheels on a 96GT out to the fenders. I have seen many posts about replacing the wheel studs and I am set to do just that. I have talked to a one guy at a speed shop and another local parts store and both suggested removing a stud to measure the knurl diamter. I can do that, but I would like to avoid talking one out waiting for parts to be shipped and that whole deal.

:gringreen
So has anyone with a 96 or any year model in that era measured their wheel studs? If so, would you please post what dimensions you got (dia, length, etc).

Thanks

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I think you'd be better off getting wheels with different backspacing to get the placing right, I don't see how a longer stud will change the placement of the wheel, you'll just have more stud through the wheel and the lugs may not fit right.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me clarify why longer studs

I have a set of spacers that are less than 1 in thick, and to make sure the wheel stays tight, I want more thread engagement on the studs. I wish it was as simple as getting wheels with different back spacing - but that's out of the budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.