Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing new Head, cam and intake. My heads are AFR's 165, Brand New anderson N-41 cam and GT-40 intake. WHat size pushrods should I use. My rockers are the 1.6

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Why do you need new pushrods?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
AFR heads were made to utilize the stock length pushrods. You should invest in some hardened pushrods though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know that, What about the cam I'm using Anderson N-41 Cam. Will I be OK with the stocklength pushrods. Also, could I have used the original rockers from my stock heads or did I do the right thing in getting new ones?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
You could have used the stock stamped style but roller rockers are better.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I reused my orignal pushrods since Im not building a track car.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hardened pushrods would be required if using guideplates (for stud-mounted rocker arms). You'll see no benefit using them with pedestal-mounted rocker arms.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Jruppert on this board was using regular stock pushrods and two of themn broke off. He switched to hardened ones and not a problem since.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
dolomite didn't say if he had pedistal mount or stud mount rockers. Pedistals can probably use stock length pushrods. If their stud, you'd better get a solid lifter and adjustable pushrod to measure exactly what length you need or it's likely to not be exactly right.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
tmoss said:
dolomite didn't say if he had pedistal mount or stud mount rockers. Pedistals can probably use stock length pushrods. If their stud, you'd better get a solid lifter and adjustable pushrod to measure exactly what length you need or it's likely to not be exactly right.
He was asking if he could use the rockers from his stock heads.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you call AFR they will tell you that you need to use hardened pushrods. They will also tell you that you use the stock length. I was stubborn and used the stock pushrods. I blew out one and didnt purchase hardened ones. A month later I blew out another and it took out my oil pump and I had to get the crank ground and had bearings replaced. I am also using pedestal mount rockers. So for the cost of hardened ones.. please for the love of God just get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.