Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to an auction that has a '66 for sale and the info is brief:

There are a couple pics of the front end and side.
It's a coupe (not fastback). There are no fog/driving lamps or anything that would appear to be "not standard" to my eye.
Hood is standard, as is the side of the car.

Too much stuff in the interior to see what's in there.

How can I tell if it's a GT? Was there a GT 350 outside of SHELBY GT 350? It sure isn't one of them.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
In 1966 the GT 350 was the only GT available in the Mustang model

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Read the link to Veronica's blogsite. There were 10s of thousands of GTs built in 1966 in coupe, convertible and fastback form. The GT350 was a Shelby model. If anyone would like to pay me a GT350 price I will gladly sell you my factory original '66 GT.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If it is being advertised as a gt350, it is not. I believe this would make it a shelby & they were only in fastback trim. If a coupe, it can be a gt though. Vin# needs to have an A or k, disc brakes, fact dual exhaust with proper hangers, quick ratio steering box, striping, foglights, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the couple pics I see, there are no fog lights or stripes.
I can't see anything else. Going to check it out tomorrow morning.

I don't think anybody is trying to pull the wool. It's an auction house liquidating a body shop.

There's also a 6 cyl '68 that supposedly runs.

I know this is a tough question to answer - but what's a rough (but restorable) '66 GT go for - ballpark? Say it's a #4 car.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello. :) A GT-350 is a Shelby, and all but 4 of them were fastbacks in 66. The 4 that weren't fastbacks were convertibles. A Mustang that is a GT is just a Mustang that came from the factory with a specific set of options. The Shelbys did not have the foglights, GT badges, stripes or gas cap. They had different stripes, a window where the fastback air extractors were, and the only horses anywhere on the car were a driver's fender pony on the grille and the little horse on the glovebox. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.