Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to where the line is to what makes a Mustang "Domestic Rice".

I've heard the typical: "If it's not a V8, it's rice." comment over and over, which I disregard immediately.

I have a 2002 Mustang with the "controversial" 3 Piece Saleen wing. In high school I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Lately, I've been looking at it and noticing how BIG it sticks out to the point I'm questioning if I should rip it off. My car has the Mach 1 chin spoiler, blacked out lenses for both front headlamps and rears, combined with cobra rims.

I'm thinking about adding HIDs on the car, but I'm wondering if I'm pushing into the realm of the dreaded domestic rice arena.

Inputs needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think your car looks pretty tasteful. Doesn't look ricey at all. but from what i've heard, rice is any modification that only makes the car look faster but offers no performance whatsoever. i think everone is guilty of a little rice, but as long as you keep it tasteful it can add alot to the styling of your car. yours is a good example, i'm pretty sure chin spoilers don't help us go any faster but damn does it make us look sexy. your car looks mean brother, don't sweat it :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i think it looks great, just because its not a V8 dont mean its rice.

look at the pontiac grand am, V6 3400 and its a furious lillet FWD car. quick.

look at the V6 camaro and Challangers, nothing there says rice.

Rice rockets are ASAIN CARS ONLY

over here ( like the neon srt4 ) are steak n tater cars. :D

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Fat cans, oversized and ugly body kits, oversized and evene uglier rims, etc... that is what makes rice. THere are plenty of domestic ricers out there, they are not that hard to spot as well.

Your car is not ricey.

As for the "if it isn't a V8" crap, you'll only hear that from the emotionally insecure crowd that cannot handle actually building their cars themselves.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
yall think my car is ricy? i get the if it aint a v8 mustang you shouldnt even drive one, but thats from guys with v4 imports that my car whooped all day long

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'm just curious to where the line is to what makes a Mustang "Domestic Rice".

I've heard the typical: "If it's not a V8, it's rice." comment over and over, which I disregard immediately.

I have a 2002 Mustang with the "controversial" 3 Piece Saleen wing. In high school I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Lately, I've been looking at it and noticing how BIG it sticks out to the point I'm questioning if I should rip it off. My car has the Mach 1 chin spoiler, blacked out lenses for both front headlamps and rears, combined with cobra rims.

I'm thinking about adding HIDs on the car, but I'm wondering if I'm pushing into the realm of the dreaded domestic rice arena.

Inputs needed.
your stang is gorgeous. very tastefully modded. dont worry about what anyone says about your own car. to be perfectly honest, anyone bashing the way your car looks, is probably jealous. keep the spoiler.
HID's would be fine, nobody could call them ricey unless you get some goofy color, purple, pink, bright blue, etc.

IMHO, for me to see a fellow stang on the streets and think it's riced out, it has to have some or all of the following:

-mixmatched/unpainted aftermarket bodykit parts. (imho, 99% of aftermarket bodykits go completely overboard and end up looking like some Hot-Wheels reject from hell.)
-brightly colored headlamps/foglamps.
-a V6 with (1) giant chrome autozone exhaust tip. ( saw a V6 the other day with a SLANTED grapefruit shooter, i just about cried...)
-altezza/clear taillamps
-retarded/confused decals everywhere and anywhere
-pretty much any spoiler not designed by ford or steeda (imho)
-import-type multi-spoke wheels, typically 16" and smaller
-"gangsta-thug-bling" wheels, typically 19" and larger.
-painted wiperblades/wiper arms.
-painted antennas.
-any type of goofy/cheesy LED lights on the valvestems, cowl, licenseplate, etc.
-underglow.

these are just a few of the most common..."offenses".
i see none of these or anything like that on your car, so no, you are not pushing into the boundaries of domestic rice.

i would never mod my exterior with anything not made by or at least designed by ford; of course that's just me and my tastes.
you can't go wrong with ford's style. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha!

After reading your guy's responses my paranoia's have been alleviated.

I know American Muscle sells a HID kit at 8000K, from the looks of it is super blue (if not green!?! in some pics... which probably is bad photography or photoshopped with a color filter)

Any experience with those?

Also, I agree with that a lot of us are guilty of a "little" rice perk in our cars with our little "tasteful mods". Haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
here's an example of a domestic ricer :hihi:

l_2b4f5d3289204474a848504ccd8ba5ec.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like rice...

Hey 37milli, I think your stang looks great. Its a little bit too dark for my personal tastes due to the black out headlight covers on black paint, but it still looks great. It shows your own personal taste yet remains faithful to the classic OEM Mustang aesthetic. I didn't notice any evidence of "rice" from the pic you posted. Typically "rice" refers to an asian design motif typically seen with the Shogun style facias & accompanying body kits w/oversized spoilers. The SVT Cobra spoiler is boarderline but its functional & still looks good. But a sure sign of "rice" is an oversized exhaust/tailpipe/tip generating a loud (read: annoying) bumblebee-like noise.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You know I've found (ricer) ends up being more of an attitude than how somebody's car looks.

Tends to be the: Huge wing, outrageous body kit, clear 5-8000$ on body mods, and then a stock engine in the vehicle but the owner claims it does 10s, 11s, 12, 13s, when its a.) never been to the track b.) is a high 15 second car at best.

I used to like the body kit on my car, but I call it <ricey> now myself.

·
Registered
872 Posts
A cobalt with a fart cannon exhaust and a fake ss badge. So many cars around here with fake ****, it's sad. There is this thug with a black w/e and all he did was remove the muffler and add un-hooked gauge system to his dash... and the side of his car says "fusion". All the money they put into these cars to make them look like rice-mobiles when you can actually buy performance parts. But hey, im not complaining! :hihi:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Haha!

After reading your guy's responses my paranoia's have been alleviated.

I know American Muscle sells a HID kit at 8000K, from the looks of it is super blue (if not green!?! in some pics... which probably is bad photography or photoshopped with a color filter)

Any experience with those?

Also, I agree with that a lot of us are guilty of a "little" rice perk in our cars with our little "tasteful mods". Haha.

If you go with HIDs i would go with 6500k they are a white with a hint of blue.....

car looks nice dont see rice there....

rice to me is
fart cannon exhaust
19 inch rims
spinners
high or "race style" wings
rediculous decals
dont care much for the ugly euro tail lights or head lights

·
Registered
288 Posts
when i hear rice i think of some little car with a 4 cylinder engine and the owner puts this huge muffler on the back and it sounds like garbage, or when they do body mods to a car that shouldnt be modded at all example toyota camry...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when i hear rice i think of some little car with a 4 cylinder engine and the owner puts this huge muffler on the back and it sounds like garbage, or when they do body mods to a car that shouldnt be modded at all example toyota camry...
Ever seen a 94+ toyota camry with dual exhaust? ...yeah... there's one at the local college and the guy "zooms" around the parking lot like it's the sh*t.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ever seen a 94+ toyota camry with dual exhaust? ...yeah... there's one at the local college and the guy "zooms" around the parking lot like it's the sh*t.
jejejje LOL

if U get down to Mexico (north border)... all the guys with his Hondas :D looks like that dude... and it's soo hilarious :gringreen

and U LOL when you smoke them :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
326 Posts
One of my buddies (we were friends as children, so dont flame me for having a rice buddy) has a 2000ish 4 door Toyota Corolla with a body kit. The annoying exhaust was his next addition. He then painted (atleast its not a sticker) a huge black widow spider on the side of the entire car. Within the last year, he also added a wing. The only tasteful thing so far are the wheels. 17 inch 7 spoke gun metal rims. The actually look good believe it or not. The other day he told me he is now focusing on performance. I asked what he had in it, and he replied "Nothing yet". He also thinks its the sweetest car in the world... so that makes him a ricer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of my buddies (we were friends as children, so dont flame me for having a rice buddy) has a 2000ish 4 door Toyota Corolla with a body kit. The annoying exhaust was his next addition. He then painted (atleast its not a sticker) a huge black widow spider on the side of the entire car. Within the last year, he also added a wing. The only tasteful thing so far are the wheels. 17 inch 7 spoke gun metal rims. The actually look good believe it or not. The other day he told me he is now focusing on performance. I asked what he had in it, and he replied "Nothing yet". He also thinks its the sweetest car in the world... so that makes him a ricer.
:)well... someone tells me... IF... :sosay it again....

If U see a stang in the street waitin' the light change....:scratchchin with the paint all cracked, multi colors all around and a bumpers with no pain on... but, in the time the light goes Green, and then it smoke up out :laugh:...

will be a ricer to?:headscratch:

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
in the time the light goes Green, and then it smoke up out :laugh:...
sorry but could you rephrase that? i dont quite know what youre trying to say

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.