Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, AFM Community! I wanted to chime in and answer some questions on this topic. “What makes the DiabloSport Trinity T1000 so awesome for Mustangs?” is a question I get all the time.
Trinity T1000

Supported Applications:
  • 11-13 Mustang GT 5.0- +22 HP / 25 TQ
  • 11-13 Mustang V6- Gain 20 HP / 25 TQ
  • 11-12 Mustang Shelby GT350- 15-20 HP
  • 11-12 Mustang Shelby GT500- 40 HP/45 TQ & SC Pulley Upgrade Tune 60 HP/60 TQ
  • 11-13 Mustang Boss 302- 25 HP/25 TQ
So to shed some light on the subject I thought I would put some basic points down here that I think you will all find very interesting! Here’s what makes it such a cool product for a Coyote/V6/GT 500 Mustangs:

1. Air/Fuel Gauges with NO EXTRA GAUGES/SENSORS NEEDED:
The Trinity interprets PID and DMR OBD-II and converts it into virtual gauges! Many of you may know, that the newest generation of Mustang is factory equipped with a wideband 02 sensor. This means with the Trinity you can look at A/F ratio onscreen as a gauge, record it, or set an alarm with the LEDs give a warning if the engine is running too rich or too lean. The gauges on Trinity can be further customized to simultaneously monitor just about any other factory OBD-II sensor like knock, coolant, IAT, etc. displayed on up to 5 gauges per screen or “page” for a maximum of 45 PIDs at once. Once you've filled a screen with gauges, you can create a new page that will let you add another 4-5 and so on, for up to 9 total pages.

2. RPM Shift Light
The 5 LEDs next to the Trinity’s screen can be set up as a shift-light in "monitoring" mode to all light up at a single pre-determined RPM for maximum visibility, or progressively so that as RPM’s approach your shift point, the LEDs will light up in sequentially 100 RPM increments to warn you it's almost time to shift!

3. Pre-Loaded Performance Programs:
Trinity is pre-loaded with tunes for different octanes of fuel, and also includes pre-loaded tunes for popular cold air intake brands such as C&L, Steeda, Air Raid, etc...These tunes can make a real improvement in HP and TQ on a stock car with no other modifications required!

Available Tunes:
  • 93 Octane Performance Tune
  • 91 Octane Performance Tune/ 87 Performance (V6 only)
  • Premium Fuel Pulley Tune (GT500) (4-6 lb)
  • PreLoaded Cold Air Intake Tunes for JLT, Air Raid, K&N, Steeda, Ford Racing
  • 100MM Generic Cold Air Tune (Fits most brands)
  • Custom Tunes Supported for all applications
4. Custom Tunes:
Trinity can be custom tuned by Bama, and other tuning companies, for just any modification you have in mind! Trinity will store up to 8 custom tunes to easily switch from one to another at the track or on the street.

5. Virtual Drag Strip
If you've got an open patch of road by your house and can't always make it to the track, but you want to see your 0-60, 0-100, 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile time, Trinity has a virtual drag strip built right in. The virtual dragstrip function gives reaction time, quarter-mile ET and MPH, and is accurate within 1/10 second.

6. Adjustable Parameters in easy to understand format:
The Trinity allows you to make adjustments to a lot of parameters on your vehicle on your own! You can change things based on percentage, on/off or by RPM ranges for most parameters!

Here's what the Trinity allows you to modify on your late model Mustang:

• Axle Ratio
  • Idle Speed (neutral and drive)
  • Full WOT Fuel Adjustment (2k-4k/4k-7k)
  • Full WOT Spark Adjustment (2k-4k/4k-7k)
  • “Global Spark”
  • Full Maf Curve Adjustment (Fueling)
  • Engine Rev Limits
  • Speed Limiter
  • Tire Size
  • Intake and Exhaust cam control (WOT)
Mountable in a Gauge Pod
For a more customized installation in your Mustang, you can use the T1020 gauge pod adapter in ANY 2 & 1/16th POD mount from your favorite brand. This provides the Trinity with a more solid mounted in the car, and has an adjustable pivot angle for better viewing.

For more detailed information take a look here!

Thanks for reading, if there's anything that you would like to see DiabloSport do that your current programmers don't offer, post up here and we'll take a real close look at what you're asking for. We have a commitment to Mustang enthusiasts and want to make the best product we can that suits your needs.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them and think they are great and feature rich but I just can't pony up for that much $$$.
Well it's one of those things where if you added up the cost of all the stuff it does you'd be paying more. By the time you buy 2-3 gauges, a shift light, a tuner, and a tune, you're well over the price of a Trinity. :winks

But hey, we know what you mean, that's why we have the inTune I-1000 for Mustangs too, it's less feature rich, but same great tunes, parameters etc...

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Make the trinity just $100 more than the I1000 and you'd sell a bunch more of them.

Or, how about making a dash mount bracket for the I1000 and include some of the trinity features in it?

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
Do you have something that provides all the functions EXCEPT the tune? I don't want to blow my factory warranty.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make the trinity just $100 more than the I1000 and you'd sell a bunch more of them.

Or, how about making a dash mount bracket for the I1000 and include some of the trinity features in it?
Good points, the inTune really doesn't have gauges though, it only displays data in numerical format, so all the A/F and other fancy things just won't look as nice. The cool thing about the inTune though, is that you can mount it in ANY iPod or iPhone style mount for your car. So suction cups, cup holders, AC vent brackets etc... would all work!

Do you have something that provides all the functions EXCEPT the tune? I don't want to blow my factory warranty.
We don't have anything that doesn't offer the tune. Keep in mind that with our programs, we keep a copy of your factory backup so if you ever have to go to the dealership, you put it back to stock. The dealership won't be able to ever see that you tuned the car (unless you leave the tune in when you bring it which would be a mistake :winks). In my 8 years working at DiabloSport, I have never had a customer have an issue with their warranty when they restore the original tune back to the car before going in for service work.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Good points, the inTune really doesn't have gauges though, it only displays data in numerical format, so all the A/F and other fancy things just won't look as nice. The cool thing about the inTune though, is that you can mount it in ANY iPod or iPhone style mount for your car. So suction cups, cup holders, AC vent brackets etc... would all work!

We don't have anything that doesn't offer the tune. Keep in mind that with our programs, we keep a copy of your factory backup so if you ever have to go to the dealership, you put it back to stock. The dealership won't be able to ever see that you tuned the car (unless you leave the tune in when you bring it which would be a mistake :winks). In my 8 years working at DiabloSport, I have never had a customer have an issue with their warranty when they restore the original tune back to the car before going in for service work.

So the inTune will display real time sensor data if you leave it plugged in while the car is running?

And it has been many times reported that on the current cars pcm, that it records events such as the tune being loaded and removed, are you saying that this is absolutely not true?
_

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the inTune will display real time sensor data if you leave it plugged in while the car is running?
_
The inTune does log data (record events) and display real time data as well. You get 8 Parameters on screen and can record 15-20 minutes of data. That data can then either be viewed back on screen, or you can use our free data viewer software to look at it as a virtual gauge on a PC. Here's some more info on the inTune

_
All I can tell you is this: in my experience I have never heard of a Ford dealership cracking down on a Ford owner when the tune is back to stock. Being able to see that a car is flashed is not a flag for voiding warranty, the only way that ever happens is if they plug their tools in and they can't read the PCM because it's not a factory file. If you restore the original backup to the vehicle, it is a factory file and the dealership just sees that it was flashed, nothing more. They don't know what was flashed or if it was a performance tune. It looks just like if THEY flashed it with their tools. In most cases where people don't restore the tune the dealership just flashes over your tune and your tuner ends up being locked to a vehicle since the tune wasn't restored.

I've never had anybody claim their warranty got voided when they went back to stock before going to the dealership and I've been doing this for a long time. Extenuating circumstances have happened where some one has a highly modified vehicle and popped the engine and then put back to stock and tried for warranty, but those situations are very few and far between, and in those cases they had headers/cold air/exhaust/ etc... on the car which is a big red flag for the dealership regardless of a tune.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the few places i wanted to get custom tunes from want me to buy another tuner since i didnt buy it from them. another $600 ya right

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the few places i wanted to get custom tunes from want me to buy another tuner since i didnt buy it from them. another $600 ya right
BAMA Tuning all the way, I think tunes for life from them is like $150 right? If you buy it from them I believe they do Custom Tunes for FREE on it as part of the BAMA tuning package (all for $599 price tag).

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
If I didn't just buy the inTune last March for another vehicle I would have wanted to get the Trinity for the Mustang. (Another plus is no need to buy another model number tuner like the previous Predator hand held when it is a supported vehicle!) The all in one approach concept of the device is great.

The other plus is a range of end user adjustability. I wish more information was available without an engine tear down on cam timing adjustment that would be safe. Perhaps there could be a relay of experience of Do Not go past this point...or maybe the range of adjustment has already been deemed safe from their experience?

As far as Feedback with Diablo vs the other popular handheld is I'm not used to getting such quick attention to questions and getting the feeling they really will do the work for the customer to ensure they have a good experience with the product. This is no fluff, but myself speaking my mind on my experience thus far. Product support for the Racer package of the other guys was less than desirable from my personal experience. Especially for us old JTEC tuners.

Anyone have good links to tuning a mass air flow system for our Fords? Anyone do their own tuning?

·
Registered
198 Posts
bama wont warranty the tunes since i didnt buy the tuner from them i got it for my truck few years ago

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bama wont warranty the tunes since i didnt buy the tuner from them i got it for my truck few years ago
HMMM, did you buy the tunes for life from them too? I don't think they make the tunes unless you pay for them (if you bought them elsewhere). But once you bought tunes for life they would?

What's the zip code where you're at I can see if there's anyone local that will do a custom tune for you! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
513 Posts
im digging this. Just found out my xcal2 is too old for these cars. plus all the headaches I had trying to remote tune my focus have me eyeing something like this when the time comes

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Dan, I was looking to get the inTune from American Muscle/BAMA so it would come with the free tunes for life but they don't offer the I1000.

You should push them into getting them!

·
Registered
198 Posts
FC Customs
4534 Industrial
Springfield IL, 62703
217-585-5080

i think went out of business if they havent they should have by now horrible service. we call them Fuc**n up cars

ill call THR and see what they offer

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dan, I was looking to get the inTune from American Muscle/BAMA so it would come with the free tunes for life but they don't offer the I1000.

You should push them into getting them!
If they won't sell it to you and do tunes there's a lot of other places that will. I recommend talking to my friends over at JPC- they have a ton of inTunes in stock and do an awesome job of custom tuning them!

here is their site

Call them and tell them that Dan @ DiabloSport told you to call, they will take excellent care of you. They know their stuff, they've built some of the fastest mustangs in the country there! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
From here:

Free Tunes for Life are available on the following devices:
  • SCT 4-Bank Eliminator Chip
  • SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Tuner
  • SCT LiveWire Tuner
  • SCT TSX Touch Screen Xtreme Tuner
  • Diablosport Trinity T-1000 Tuner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts