Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Stangy folks, I had my GT for 3-4 months now, I have like 2000 dollars to spend on it, what mod do you recommend me to get with that amount??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Depends on what's important to you. Looks or performance.

For performance, I'd get a CAI and tune. Then look to get new gears. A new exhaust would be on my list.

For looks, maybe new wheels, stripes, or a body kit. A new exhaust might be on this list also since it doesn't really improve performance.

Any way you go, it'll be fun...

·
Registered
90 Posts
CAI + Tune

New mufflers

LeMans stripes

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guy for speedy posts, I'm kinda new to mod upgrades... what is CAI + Tune ?? is it a short for something??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cold Air Induction kit and a tune to tell the car computer that it's on the car. For many CAI's (C&L for example), the computer needs to be adjusted (tuned) for the CAI to compensate for the increased air. Other CAI's don't need a tune (K&N for example).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gears huh? I have automatic man, what do u mean by gears, I'm a little slow :kooky:

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I was going to spend 2000.00 the first think I would do is get a trick flow upgrade kit you can find them for around 2000.00 maybe a little more . The kit comes with heads, intake , cam everything you need to make great horsepower.This way you have alot of your major cost out of the way,

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
one bad stang said:
If I was going to spend 2000.00 the first think I would do is get a trick flow upgrade kit you can find them for around 2000.00 maybe a little more . The kit comes with heads, intake , cam everything you need to make great horsepower.This way you have alot of your major cost out of the way,
He doesn't have a push rod motor, its' an 05-06. For 2k you can get 4.10s(a new ring and pinion inside the "pumpkin"), JLT cold air induction(an aerodynamic tube which goes between the air filter and the throttle body) and an SCT excalibrater tune(a handheld tuner that plugs in under the dash to soup up the car). Just surf the 197 forums for more ideas, those new GTs are smokin' fast with minimal mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dollarbill said:
He doesn't have a push rod motor, its' an 05-06. For 2k you can get 4.10s(a new ring and pinion inside the "pumpkin"), JLT cold air induction(an aerodynamic tube which goes between the air filter and the throttle body) and an SCT excalibrater tune(a handheld tuner that plugs in under the dash to soup up the car). Just surf the 197 forums for more ideas, those new GTs are smokin' fast with minimal mods.

oh i'm sorry in that case just get a nitrous kit

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Tunable Inductions CAI
SCT X-Cal-2
'MD' Stall Converter with some gears, FRPP 3.73, or even 4.10's if you don't do much highway/cross country driving...

And if you have a few bucks over 2 grand, Kooks Headers!! [okay $3K total...]

If you go for bling, save some more, get some nice 18's or larger and some Eibach Pro springs... But if you have the 18's on the 06 maybe some fatter rubber (what can they hold?) and springs!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wohoo, a lot of information! but thanks yo'll for all that, I think I am going to save some more, maybe work part time :p to buy a roush body kit, and some mods you suggested. you can still suggest thou, thread ain't over.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
:worship I spoke, they all agree! :sterb:

LOL... nope....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.