Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just bought a 2003 cobra stock. my budget is a litttle tight, what mods should i do? everyone says to get a pullie, intake, exhaust, Fluidyne Heat Exchanger, Fluidyne radiator. Does the car stay reliable with those mods, and how much does that all cost?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The first thing i would do is get full exhaust. Then do a cai of some kind. Then, when you are ready, do the pully swap and you will have to have a tune for that. It all depends on what brands you get, all this work including install would be like from 1500-2000

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Oh and btw, i forgot to mention that just with exhaust, intake, and pully swap you will make about 440-480rwhp on the dyno!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pulley,Intake,exhaust, and a good tune. There is not need for a new radiator, I am still running a stock one in my car and it does just fine. H/E is a good mod but still not necessary. As for reliabillity you don't need to worry about that with just those mods.​

·
Registered
145 Posts
03turbocobra, what number are you making with that setup?

·
Registered
189 Posts
with the hellion 76mm kit it makes 720 to the rear wheels and somewhere around 650 tq...plus side its way easier to use on the street then the kenne bell....ive had both. also i have the 88mm turbo as well...that puts about another 100hp/100tq to those numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
03turbocharged

Awesome... Can't remember right at this moment, but someone has a kit that is dual turbos and is pumping around 1600 to 1800 hp for around 7500 dollars. Kit looks sweet. Will have to beef up the whole ride with that.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^ Nice, got to love compound boost:D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Limited budget? Try the Steig Stage IV port...unless they have a newer and better design. This was 3 years ago but it cost me $500 total, shipping and everything. Might be more now. Gained 40rwhp at the peak alone from that mod with the same 2.8" pulley. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
145 Posts
IMO, save your money and do the BPU's and skip the port. Save for the Twin Screw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.