Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Vista Blue V6 with the pony package. The only performance mod I have is an Airaid CAI. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Eventually I'm going to get true dual exhaust. But beyond that I don't know what I'm gonna do with it performance wise.
For looks I was thinking that I could put LEDs in the footwells, quarter window louvers, and I know I want HIDs
I also want to get a decent Nav system. I was thinking Pioneer

I've only had my mustang a little over a year and haven't really researched which brands are good or bad (especially for the HID kit), but I see the potential my car has for being bad*ss.

If anyone knows any websites (besides American Muscle) to point me to that would be great

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have a 2006 Vista Blue V6 with the pony package. The only performance mod I have is an Airaid CAI. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Eventually I'm going to get true dual exhaust. But beyond that I don't know what I'm gonna do with it performance wise.
For looks I was thinking that I could put LEDs in the footwells, quarter window louvers, and I know I want HIDs
I also want to get a decent Nav system. I was thinking Pioneer

I've only had my mustang a little over a year and haven't really researched which brands are good or bad (especially for the HID kit), but I see the potential my car has for being bad*ss.

If anyone knows any websites (besides American Muscle) to point me to that would be great
Welcome to the forums! Post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out. It sounds like you have some big plans for your Mustang and we look forward to seeing the finished product!

I would probably recommend going with a custom tune and maybe some 3.73 or 4.10 gears! Those mods would compliment your Airaid CAI very well. I see you said besides AmericanMuscle, is there a reason why you don't want to order with us? If so, please PM me so I can get that straightened out. We'd love to have your business and friendship!

-Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1998 ford mustang and something is draining the battery. I have replaced the alternator and battery still having the same issue. Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be?? Please help

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I strongly recommend suspension upgrades from Mustang Parts & Performance - UPR Products

Suspension mods are a combination of modification and restoration. As you go through and freshen up the suspension, you're also dramatically improving the handling and grip, so it's a win-win situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forums! Post up some pictures of your Mustang, we'd love to check it out. It sounds like you have some big plans for your Mustang and we look forward to seeing the finished product!

I would probably recommend going with a custom tune and maybe some 3.73 or 4.10 gears! Those mods would compliment your Airaid CAI very well. I see you said besides AmericanMuscle, is there a reason why you don't want to order with us? If so, please PM me so I can get that straightened out. We'd love to have your business and friendship!

-Dan
This car is also my daily driver so if I got larger gearing I wouldn't want my gas milage to suffer, or would having larger gears not effect that?

And I love AmericanMuscle! I've ordered all my mustang products from you guys. Free shipping and very quick delivery. What's not to love? Plus you guys have a large selection of products. My build list is at least 7k worth of stuff. But I just want to see if there are some other customization/performance parts out there that you guys might not offer. Like I found this one company called Diode Dynamics and they offer a huge selection of custom LED lighting. So trust me, it's nothing against AmericanMuscle.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm still at stock MPGs with 4.10 gears and a 93 Hybrid tune from BAMA. If you don't already have one, a handheld tuner and custom tunes should be your next mod.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
714 Posts
Gearing itself wont change mileage much; but, your heavy foot enjoying the extra feeling of more power will!

But without getting into big money, the most common reasonable mods are dual exhaust, cai and tune, and gears.
Anything else is pretty-much a waste of money, unless you go into much higher power levels such as with nitrous or forced induction.
Other little mods that are advertised to add x-amount of power, forget it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. so if I get the gears would that require a tune to reset my speedo? Also would installing the gears be something I could do myself? Or should I take it to a shop and get it professionally done?

·
Registered
550 Posts
You should get the gears done by a professional, unless you know what you're doing. You don't necessarily need a tune for the gears. You can buy a speedo calibrator to fix the speedo, but a tune is going to let your car get to it's full potential.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Alright. so if I get the gears would that require a tune to reset my speedo? Also would installing the gears be something I could do myself? Or should I take it to a shop and get it professionally done?
Yes, you correct the speedo in the tune. I would have the gears professionally done.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The order in which I went was: BBK CAI, Bama Tuner(HIGHLY recommended), true dual exhaust, stickier tires, and in the future procharger stage 2 and gears. The tuner will give you most gains for your set up right now other then forced induction and is totally worth the price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
615 Posts
4.10s auto
3.73 manual
tuner
Aluminum driveshaft
better upper and lower control arms
some good tires
soild 14 second car.
never hit 13.9 in my NA 4.0, but was close at 14.1

And for the love of god, don't get an X pipe, spend a little extra cash, have an exhaust shop help if you can't do it, but get an H in there, much better sound.
Past that, cosmetics, make it your own.
And when and if the bolt ons don't do it anymore, look for either forced induction or if money isn't really an option, 3v 4.6s are getting cheaper every day.high5.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts