Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got a 88 mustang LX 5.0 5 speed...and the motor is shot....what motors will bolt-in to it?

i was told thay made lots of diff motors...and i cant get any info on what will bolt in...

will a interceptor 5.0 bolt in?

im looking to just pull the old one and stick a used but good motor
back in...
what do i need to be looking for ....what will the intake say? 5.0 H.O?
thats what it says naw..
sorry im new to mustangs...
:happyhapp:headscratch:
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you want it to be easy find another 5.0 and do the swap, if you cant find a good motor look into a 5.0 short block have youre heads redone "valve seats" and then put youre heads and intake on the short block. itll be practically a new motor then. but if you still want easy find another 302 "5.0"

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You could stick just about anything in there from a 2.3 4 cylinder to a 460 big block with the right swap kit. Just decide what engine you want and go from there. If that Interceptor is a 5.0, it'll be a direct bolt in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for the help....

but all im looking to do is put a stock motor in it...no swaps for a bigger motor..

just looking for a direct bolt in...and i was told sumthin about a 351 cam ...bla bla fireing order ..

the motor thats in it says (5.0 H.O) im just looking to replace it.
and rebild the one thats in it...

i dont know what motor's im looking for ...direct bolt in..
and what the more's come in so i can look for one to bolt in and go..
its my D/D...and is way fast as it is..

·
Registered
28 Posts
fords, lincolns, or mercurys should all have the 5.0 ho on the intake. which would be a direct replacement. the HO just means that it has the firing order of a 351.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.