Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

So i have a 2001 mustang gt and i am looking to add some power to hopefully get me down the 1/4 a little faster. I currently have a K&N CAI, SCT X3 Tuner, and SLP LM1 catback. I live in colorado so the air is a little thinner up here and i wont get the same times as if i was at sea level but my best run at the track is 14.9 at 95mph. Im just wondering what some possible mods would be that wouldn't break my bank and get me as much power and torque possible. Ive also been looking at gears and an alum. driveshaft. Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
welcome home! glad to have you!

some gears would be nice!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks haha!
ya ive been thinking about them lately
i think i would go with some 4:10s
how much do you think that would run me?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
well my 7.5 motives were 159...so 159-250 for gears
u got the t lock

some dont like motive but mine dont whine

depending on miles id get a rebuild kit ( around $100 )

and new bearings.

install around $300

after 500 miles do oil change, i used RP ($30 )

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i dont have a t lock...do i need it? ive got 64k miles on my car so it would be a good idea for a rebuild kit?

·
Super Moderator
40,139 Posts
As 05horse said,gears will do alot.I suggest to change engine,trans,and rear to Royal Purple.Also,get some frame connecters,makes for a better launch(less body flex)and improves handling.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i thought all gt's had t lock already?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh im not sure haha...well if all gts do then i do

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive been looking at frame connectors and what you said makes a lot of sense heavy metal...im on kinda a low budget right now because im in the process of starting college and im looking for a desent job...i was also looking at drag launch suspension and some new rear tires (mine are bald for some reason ;] )

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea, u do.

id get a LSD rebuild kit.

its all new clutches and steels.

cheap insurance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright ill have to look into that...what else besides gears?
ive been looking at steeda u/d pullies, and an accufab tb and plenum and possible a spacer

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
alright ill have to look into that...what else besides gears?
ive been looking at steeda u/d pullies, and an accufab tb and plenum and possible a spacer

IMO pulleys are a waste of money for what they do at the price they are

and a TB spacer makes a good paperweight. thats about it unless u have a few baloons floating around

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha alright...ive heard the tb and plenum are good for about 8-15 hp so i might go for that pretty soon
what about completing my exhaust?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
hahaha alright...ive heard the tb and plenum are good for about 8-15 hp so i might go for that pretty soon
what about completing my exhaust?

well upgrade!

if u got the money long tube headers all the way
shorties add looks thats about it

high flow cats, but stock is ok too

ur stock h pipe is ok

some higher flow mufflers would add a few hp maybe 5....

but sound good. whats ur exaust setup like now?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive got stock headers, stock midpipe and slp lm1 catback...i think i should get my catback welded though because i did it myself with bandclamps last weekend

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i prefer welds, but clmaps are ok

if u got a weldor do it, if not id just put that cash in to the car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya im probably gonna get most of my parts off of AM...thats where i got my exhaust from...sorry it took so long to reply...i didnt see the page 2 haha

·
Registered
27 Posts
gears are deff the way to go, if your stang is your daily driver though 4.10's are gonna be a big hit in the MPG department, 3.73's or 3.90's maybe a better choice in that case, if your on a budget i wouldn't worry about headers IMO, they are good if you have the cash to throw around and need everylittle bit of exhaust flow, but otherwise the performance gains will be minimal with the mods currently on the car. a nice off road h-or x-pipe will add decent h/p and not be near as expensive as headers if your state isn't strict on their smog checks.if so a midpipe with high flow cats would be another good choice

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.