Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh, so i got a quote for porting my gt40p's and it came out to $550....
so what now? sell them and get aluminum? what should i get? or just put the gt40p's on and strap a blower on it? haha
i just need some options
like good cheap aluminum heads and how much i could get for my heads
anything helps

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I put $550 into my GT40s this past summer in port work alone. All it was was a (quite extensive) port job and lapping the valves. It didn't include milling the heads, installing dual valve springs, or bigger valves.
Decide what your HP goals are. If you're happy with 270-290 crank HP, freshen up the heads (no, or minimal port work) and throw the GT40Ps on. If you're looking for something that will definitely add up to a 300+ HP combo, sell them and get a good pair or aluminum heads. I wish I would have gone this way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a valve job and reconditioned the heads, so they are like new. how much would they go for?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha, thats what i put them up for. im gonna but a cam and timing chain for now, and when it comes to putting the heads on and they arent sold im going to buy new springs and slap them on with a blower lol

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Please wait to buy the cam until you decide on what heads you are definitely getting :yelpleased:

What intake are you going with anyway?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ill probably wait, but im most likely goin with the steeda 18 cam. and as for intake, probably the cobra intake for its price and looks. im on a tighter budget, only a couple grand for the whole car haha, for now

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I tried to tell ya. No port just go aluminum. You should be able to get $400 no problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if im gonna drop 500 on top the money i get from the heads i might as well get aluminum haha. what heads do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
TFS 170cc TWs are, in most people's opinion, the best head ever made for a SBF motor. They are pretty hard to beat. If you want something a little more budget friendly, I think Edelbrock's E-Street heads are a good deal.

If you're not using the GT40Ps, get a better intake. A GT40/Cobra intake will be a bottleneck point with good aluminum heads downstream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts