Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI all,

Just purchased a 2017 grabber blue 2017 Mustang.

It has 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and 19" rims. It does not have a strut tower brace, or the wide hood and roof stripe. It does have small stripes along the rockers with "Mustang"

I am trying to find out if the car has the (1) wheel and stripe package, (2) the ecoboost performance package, or (3) the ecoboost handling package.

Using the VIN, is there a way to determine how the car is equipped? OR, is their some way to tell me what I got?

THANKS for any help you can offer.
'17 Mustang 001.JPG

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
if you search on line, you can probably find the 2017 brochure with a description of those packages, which might help

also there is an on-line window sticker search tool, that I think will work with your year (unfortunately it does not work with earlier years any more) where you can plug in your VIN and it will find the window sticker . . . link is on here somewhere

EDIT: found it . . . put your VIN on the end and see if it works

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you search on line, you can probably find the 2017 brochure with a description of those packages, which might help

also there is an on-line window sticker search tool, that I think will work with your year (unfortunately it does not work with earlier years any more) where you can plug in your VIN and it will find the window sticker . . . link is on here somewhere

EDIT: found it . . . put your VIN on the end and see if it works
Tried that - got error 401 - not authorized to use that account

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
hmmmm . . . I think there might be another one, different link that gives a different error message when I try it on my 2010, but I think it works for later years, if I remember the other posts correctly . . . . try some searches on here and maybe you can find it

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. Those wheels and the rocker stripe are from the wheel and stripe package.
2. The Ecoboost Performance Package would have all black wheels, 4 piston aluminum calipers upfront and no spoiler on the trunk lid.
3. There was no seperate handling package in 17 only the Performance Package.

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the tire & stripe package, but it doesn't have the wide "Shelby" stripe over the hood, roof and rear deck. It does have the 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and I thought I read some where they are from the performance package. But its a used car, so who knows what changes were made.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the tire & stripe package, but it doesn't have the wide "Shelby" stripe over the hood, roof and rear deck. It does have the 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and I thought I read some where they are from the performance package. But its a used car, so who knows what changes were made.
The over the top stripe is a separate option from the tire and stripe package. The 255/40-19 tires on the tire and stripe package are all season tires. The 255/40-19 tires on the Performance Package are summer only tires, plus the wheels are wider (9") verse 8.5" on the tire and stripe package.

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The over the top stripe is a separate option from the tire and stripe package. The 255/40-19 tires on the tire and stripe package are all season tires. The 255/40-19 tires on the Performance Package are summer only tires, plus the wheels are wider (9") verse 8.5" on the tire and stripe package.

Dave
Right you are sir. After a closer look a the tires, they say M&S (Mud & Snow). Who would a thunk it - Pirellei mud & snow performance tires!

Thanks for your information, Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts