Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI all,

Just purchased a 2017 grabber blue 2017 Mustang.

It has 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and 19" rims. It does not have a strut tower brace, or the wide hood and roof stripe. It does have small stripes along the rockers with "Mustang"

I am trying to find out if the car has the (1) wheel and stripe package, (2) the ecoboost performance package, or (3) the ecoboost handling package.

Using the VIN, is there a way to determine how the car is equipped? OR, is their some way to tell me what I got?

THANKS for any help you can offer.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
if you search on line, you can probably find the 2017 brochure with a description of those packages, which might help

also there is an on-line window sticker search tool, that I think will work with your year (unfortunately it does not work with earlier years any more) where you can plug in your VIN and it will find the window sticker . . . link is on here somewhere

EDIT: found it . . . put your VIN on the end and see if it works

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you search on line, you can probably find the 2017 brochure with a description of those packages, which might help

also there is an on-line window sticker search tool, that I think will work with your year (unfortunately it does not work with earlier years any more) where you can plug in your VIN and it will find the window sticker . . . link is on here somewhere

EDIT: found it . . . put your VIN on the end and see if it works
Tried that - got error 401 - not authorized to use that account

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
hmmmm . . . I think there might be another one, different link that gives a different error message when I try it on my 2010, but I think it works for later years, if I remember the other posts correctly . . . . try some searches on here and maybe you can find it

·
Registered
622 Posts
1. Those wheels and the rocker stripe are from the wheel and stripe package.
2. The Ecoboost Performance Package would have all black wheels, 4 piston aluminum calipers upfront and no spoiler on the trunk lid.
3. There was no seperate handling package in 17 only the Performance Package.

Dave

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the tire & stripe package, but it doesn't have the wide "Shelby" stripe over the hood, roof and rear deck. It does have the 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and I thought I read some where they are from the performance package. But its a used car, so who knows what changes were made.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the tire & stripe package, but it doesn't have the wide "Shelby" stripe over the hood, roof and rear deck. It does have the 255-40 - R19 pirelli tires, and I thought I read some where they are from the performance package. But its a used car, so who knows what changes were made.
The over the top stripe is a separate option from the tire and stripe package. The 255/40-19 tires on the tire and stripe package are all season tires. The 255/40-19 tires on the Performance Package are summer only tires, plus the wheels are wider (9") verse 8.5" on the tire and stripe package.

Dave

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The over the top stripe is a separate option from the tire and stripe package. The 255/40-19 tires on the tire and stripe package are all season tires. The 255/40-19 tires on the Performance Package are summer only tires, plus the wheels are wider (9") verse 8.5" on the tire and stripe package.

Dave
Right you are sir. After a closer look a the tires, they say M&S (Mud & Snow). Who would a thunk it - Pirellei mud & snow performance tires!

Thanks for your information, Dave

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any way (web site, vendor, etc) to determine how many Grabber Blue, ecoboost cars, were equipped/sold with the wheel and stripe option?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Download a 2017 Mustang Brochure and check off all the parts on your car according to the option list near back of brochure.

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
there used to be some kind of database or report that tracked the options and variations and how many were made; I am not sure if it is still available/current, but I'm pretty sure there are some posts on here about it; maybe you can find them with the "search" feature

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was able to get a copy of the OEM window sticker here: Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com

And I talked to a guy at Ford performance and found the dealer that got the car from Ford, and it was leased in April of '17. I've found that there were 9570 grabber blue Mustang's made and 2516 of those were ecoboost cars. I've got all the info I want, except the number of Blue ecoboost cars with the wheel and stripe option. I can maybe get the info from Marti auto, but kinda pricey for one bit of info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts