Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a dedicated F150 forum, but as the title says I need to know what parts I would need, to convert my 1993 F150 XLT 302 engine, into the 1995 Mustang Boss' 302 engine? I've rebuilt the engine in my truck, so the new parts needed to make it match up with the Boss 302, would have a good foundation to set on. But I was wondering if there's a conversion kit, that maybe I can buy that would match up to the specs of the Boss 302? Any advice, questions, is widely accepted.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well back in the day they didn't have all the great aftermarket heads, so to get some better flow on the 302 the cleveland heads were adapted...ok for back then, but really today you just go with some Trick Flow or AFR heads, get a good matching cam, intake and headers and you'll make good power...the "real Boss 302" was not a great street motor, with it's huge intake ports it lived in the 7000rpms range the race tracks it was designed for demanded

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
No Boss motor in 1995. You meaning the Cobra perchance? If you've rebuilt the motor already, gone too far.
Dave

·
Registered
352 Posts
No Boss motor in 1995. You meaning the Cobra perchance? If you've rebuilt the motor already, gone too far.
Dave
Ya, I was confused too. Must be what he meant and agreed.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
No Boss engine, but there was a boss shinoda mustang in 95. It was pretty much just a graphics and decals package from what I remember. Definitely nothing special.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts