Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to ask ford says they already get 210 hp from the wheels at factory but is that true and where do I actually find out wether they measure it from the engine or the wheels

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think it's 240hp at the crank and about 210 to the wheels for the sixer. And 300 or about 265+ to the wheels on a GT. Any place like edmonds.com. Just type in 08 mustang specs on google. You'll see a ton of places. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Powertrains and Performance

Behind the grille of V6 Mustangs is a 4.0-liter V6 making 210 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque.

this is what it is according to edmunds. this power is rated at the crank, not the wheels.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
See! I was wrong I thought it was 210 at the wheels. So 210hp would be what? About 180ish at the wheels?

Who cares about numbers anyway. You drove the car so you know how fast it is:gringreen

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yea, around 175-180 rwhp.

·
Registered
344 Posts
although it's rated at 210, a lot of experts think it's actually more. They say that because the RWH should be less that 180. I have read threads in here where they have dyno'd our 4.0 after installing true duals and CAI with tuner and measured 200+ at the wheels. That's really pretty good for no internal mods. If I'm not mistaken, it's what the previous GT version put out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
To give some perspective, the 94 GT was rated at 215 HP 285 TQ.
The 4.0 is pretty decent for what it is. I am a V8 guy and and the V6 impresses me. Its not going to kill much on the dragstrip but for a daily driver its a blast. Especially with a manual tranny.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
if i saw it right it said 154 rwhp. doesnt that seem a little low?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts