Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 87 gt and i want to buy some rims this week, i found the ones i want but im not sure if they will fit.

its been converted to 5 lug but still have rear drums. do i order for 94-04 mustang? i cant mesure anything right now because the car is getting painted and i want to have the rims here before it gets done.

the ones i want are 17x9, fits 94-04, 5.95 backspacing, and 24 mm offset. im not too familiar with rims and i also what to know what is offset? is that the lip?

·
Registered
883 Posts
backspacing is the distance from the mounting pad (where the wheel touched the disc/drum) to the very back of the wheel. Offset is the distance from where the mounting pad sits according to the middle of the wheel. For example is the mounting pad is more towards the outside of the wheel than i believe thats a positive offset and negative will obviously be the other way around. if you could get a hold of a summit racing catalog theres a page inside that tells you exactly what it is with pictures and everything so you know what you're looking at:wavey

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im pretty sure he said he used stuff from a ranger. it was already 5 lug when i bought the car.

thanks *******, i found a diagram online that had some pretty good info.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
You could get any wheel with a 5 x 4 1/2 inch pattern, and then the backspacing can be changed around for how you want it. You could get one backspacing for the front and different in the rear to get an offset look while the wheels are actually the same size.

·
Registered
70 Posts
im pretty sure he said he used stuff from a ranger. it was already 5 lug when i bought the car.

thanks *******, i found a diagram online that had some pretty good info.
I believe the ranger bolt pattern is the same as a 5 lug mustang if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eagle and kerry answered my question.

so i can order rims for a 94-04.

also with the backspacing, does that determine if its deep dish? i want deep dish in the rear (staggered) but the only deep dish i see is 10.5 and i think thats too wide.

i might end up just goin to a rim shop and look at the actual rims in person. i cant really tell if the ones on the internet are deep dish.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i had a coupe i would for sure get those rims. In my opinion the bullitts look the best on hatch's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.