Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in buying some new wheels for my 2004 gt now that I have lowered it, but I really cant decide what would look best as the car is silver... Id like some suggestions on rim type and color.

Also if I went with a 10.5" rim on the rear, will I have any issues with it hitting the exhaust?

thanks

IMG_1603.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
personally, i love the FR500's!!! black w/ chrome rim. i've been told by multiple wheel guys that the aftermarket chrome doesn't last as long, and if you have to get it fixed, has to be rechromed in Cali, and is crazy expensive. Also w/ black they can touch it up with no problem, so something to think about. but i love the Black FR500's or the all black Cobra rims!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I totally agree with Joe , FR500 will look sick . get the Anthracite ones, and if you gettin 10.5 for the rear wheels I believe you will need spacers .

·
Registered
316 Posts
I totally agree with Joe , FR500 will look sick . get the Anthracite ones, and if you gettin 10.5 for the rear wheels I believe you will need spacers .
No you don't. Don't spread bad information.

FR500's are disgusting except in a FEW cases. Terrible looking wheel.

Silver and MG/DSG cars look ok with anthralite or hypercoated wheels, but its not the best because the color blends in too much with the car's color. Your wheels should pop at least some. Black on Silver with a polished lip looks VERY good. And an all black wheel can look ok, but generally they only work with black, and white paint.

I'd look into some black DD bullits with polished lip, 17x9 up front 17x10.5 out back looks good. AmericanMuscle just started selling black DD cobras, which is what I'm currently rolling on, pretty good looking wheels. If you don't like either of these just look around AM and see what you like in the customer pics. I'm tellin ya though, black on silver looks GOOD :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
whatever you go with i would say get black with a polished dish or lip. looks soooo sharp on a silver mustang. if you want to keep the muscle car look then get some bullets.

·
Registered
194 Posts
yeh u won't need spacers for the 10.5

check out some of my pics and you can see what the 315 on a 10.5 look like.

personally i would go with a 18 x 10" wheel instead of the 17 x 10.5. You could still put a 305 on the back and have some meat. :gringreen

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go on tirerack.com, they give you the ability to view different rims on your car. It really helps a person make up their mind. Personally I went with the black and polished cobra r in 9 and 10.5. I went with 17" but if I had it to do over again I would so 18".

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.