Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think i should do next. Ive got a Mainly stock 5.0 Mustang. Im currently rebuilding the motor right now, but while its all apart what else should i do that would be a good cheap bolt on? Right now, everything is stock other than:

-E303 Cam
-BBK Headers
-BBK off road H-pipe
-Flowmaster cat back
-Fully rebuild T5 trans
-RAM HDX Clutch
-Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
-3:73 gears
-MAF Convertion

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Looks like it's time for suspension mods.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh yes! Ive got to put shocks on it, it rides like a brick sh** wagon there is hardly any recoil, then with low profile tires the ride is brutal

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fuel delivery

Intake, injectors, fuel pump and MAF if you want more power. If you have not done it already tie up the frame and a strut tower brace will plant more power to the ground, ladder bars help a lot, no more wheel hop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i might do injectors :S i actually took the motor all apart to diagnose only 90PSI on piston number 8. Havent found the problem :S maybe a slight head gasket leak or intake gasket leak, anyways hopefully this rebuild will fix it :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check Heads

Check the heads with a mini torch for cracks and the block surface as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive pressure washed it, and degreased it about 3 times. Its so clean its almost shiny but have had a master tech look at the block and heads and no signs of wear anywhere on the engine :p not even a slight sign of ring ridge. Engine had really good compression and i bought it off an older couple who only drove it to the grocery store and back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.