Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone
so im gettin my frpp 3.73s installed tomorrow and i will have about $600 left to throw into my gt...i was planning on getting a mgw shifter, dragon tb and plenum, and mach 1 chin spoiler
does anyone have any better suggestions?
thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
As most people have stated go with a different TB. Dragon tends to mess up a bit. I would try and slip underdrive pulleys in there unless your going forced induction

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
maybe some suspension upgrades? Upper and Lower control Arms, Lowering Springs, or swaybar would all be nice upgrades to start getting that thing to really handle :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinkin suspension too...also anyone know about alum driveshaft?

·
Registered
165 Posts
mgw shifter and mach 1 chin are a must. after that id say get some lowering springs

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ive thought of getting an aluminum driveshaft too... But where do you drive your car?? :scratchchin If there is nowhere near you to really use suspension upgrades than maybe its not worth it. For me suspension stuff can be just as fun with all of so. cal's beautiful mountain passes. :gringreen

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey pickles how do you like your 3.73s? did you feel a huge difference? im gettin frpp 3.73s installed in the morning =D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I actually JUST got the car back today, i was told to take it easy on the gears until they have been warmed up and cooled atleast 3 times, then i can beat on them lol. I dont want any problems so im going to make sure I do that.

But so far I love them, i can finally use my 5th gear while cruising. I need to get a tuner though as my speedometer seems to be way off...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh nice haha...mines in the shop at the moment...cant wait to get it back!
paid a pretty penny to get them installed tho =(

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ha, im getting 4.10 in my manual tomorrow. Maybe we couldve got some group discount on parts and labor :hihi:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i got a discount on my gears and bearing kit from AM...=D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stage 3 has a bundle - 75mm BBK throttle body, Steeda underdrives, and a new plentum for under $500.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Get a Pro 5.0 shifter, anything else is second best...long tube headers are great as are Sparco seats, coilover shocks and struts and Granatelli upper and lower control arms will put the power to the pavement and improve your 60 ft time...a new stereo with ipod/bluetooth controls will keep your girlfriend happy...good luck

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Get a Pro 5.0 shifter, anything else is second best...long tube headers are great as are Sparco seats, coilover shocks and struts and Granatelli upper and lower control arms will put the power to the pavement and improve your 60 ft time...a new stereo with ipod/bluetooth controls will keep your girlfriend happy...good luck
That's funny, I've owned 3 different shifters, the Pro 5.0, the Steeda and the MGW that's in my car now. Of those 3, the Pro 5.0 was the absolute worst without a doubt. The Steeda and MGW both blow it out of the water, they're both great, just a little different. People who like their Pro 5.0's usually haven't driven anything else.

Long Tube headers are a waste unless you're over 300rwhp. $1000-$1600 for 12 horsepower just isn't worth it in my book. Trust me, if I would have known what I know now, I wouldn't even have bought a set of headers, I could have almost bought a used supercharger with the $1600 I spent, and got a lot more than 12 horsepower. Learn from my mistakes, please!!!!! That way they weren't for nothing......lol

Granatelli has a high failure rate, so I wouldn't recommend them, it seems Maximum Motorsports has the best reputation now. I bought HPM stuff before they went out of business, and it's great. I will be buying my panhard bar from MM though. Don't buy aftermarket upper control arms unless you need to adjust your pinion. The rear suspension on the Mustang is not a great design, and binds the upper control arms. When you put poly bushings in the uppers, it only makes the situation worse. As far as springs go, there's a few good ones out there, but H&R SuperSports seem to be the favorite. I personally went with the Vogtland Sports and Koni shocks and struts, and couldn't be happier. Combine that with the huge Addco swaybars, and the MM panhard bar, and I'll be ready for the road course.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
haha i got a discount on my gears and bearing kit from AM...=D
haha yea me too
just out of curiosity what is your install bill look like?

Granatelli has a high failure rate, so I wouldn't recommend them, it seems Maximum Motorsports has the best reputation now.
I just got my Maximum Motorsports Lowers and FRPP Uppers and I love them. The car chirps a little but once they hook they dont let go! Ohhh how i love the feeling of being pushed back hard into the seat :gringreen

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Im very happy with my 4.10s! It pulls nice in every RPM and I cant wait to go to the track.... and the thing is with those Maximum Motorsporsts Lower and FRPP Upper control arms the thing atually hooks pretty well!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Yeah, my Megabite SR's and FRPP uppers hook amazing. I used to burn all the way through 1st and 2nd, now I can semi-hook in 1st, and then I just chirp 2nd, and I'm gone. And that's on street tires!!!! I guess I need more gear, the Bullitt still has the stock 3.27's in it for now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.