Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 01 Mustang GT. The modifications are: A throttle body spcaer, ceramic headers, the air flow buffer has been removed, and a cat back 3in flowmaster exhuast. I want to increase the rwhp, and smoke some car's. what should I do now? I was thinking about a nitrous kit, because that is the most inexpensive at the time. Someone help me out!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You're correct - spray is the easiest, least expensive way to add chunks of power. Not my choice but works for lots of folks.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Get some gears (3.73, 3.90, 4.10). Best bang for the buck!

·
Banned
918 Posts
Want to go faster?
Gears 4.10's or 4.30's for a NA daily driver(still nets 22-24 mpg)
Shifter
o/r midpipe
Nitrous
Tune
SFC's
Tires

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I use spray, what do i have to do in order to not blow my engine, tranny or whatever???

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blackfang said:
Want to go faster?
Gears 4.10's or 4.30's for a NA daily driver(still nets 22-24 mpg)
Shifter
o/r midpipe
Nitrous
Tune
SFC's
Tires
Already got tires, how much does it cost to put 373 or 390 on the car, 410 and 430s out of my price range in regards to gas and i drive the car too much?

·
Banned
918 Posts
4.10's and 4.30's can be had for under 180 bucks www.GEFRacing.com
You will still get 22-24 mpg with them. My Cobra is my daily driver and I have 4.30's and still get great mileage. Too many people fear the gear and dont realize that 75% of the 4.6L community are running 4.10's or steeper in NA mustangs.

·
Banned
918 Posts
So Money said:
If I use spray, what do i have to do in order to not blow my engine, tranny or whatever???
If you run the NX kit with a GenII upgrade kit and stay under a 100 shot, just run cooler plugs, MSD window swtich and you will be fine. Plenty of guys with 80k+ on a stock tune and a 100 shot with no issues. Transmission can handle it as long as your not abusive to it. If you think you will, get a stronger clutch kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.