Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what up, I know you've probably been asked this question a million times. But I needed some advice on what would be the best thing to do with $1200, to get more Hp out of my V6 mustang 5spd?(its stock) What do you guys think about a turbo? Yes or no?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
A turbo kit is going to cost you alot more than $1200.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STONECOLD said:
A turbo kit is going to cost you alot more than $1200.
Ya I know, but i just wanted to know what i could do with the $1200 and if i couldnt do much with that, than ill probably just put a turbo in it. But i want to know what you guys think about a turbo????????!!!!!Yes or No?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If you can afford a turbo I dont see any reason why you shouldnt get it.

As far as the $1200, I would at least invest in a set of gears. I'll let your fellow 6'rs advise on the rest.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thnks........ what will i have to change out on the car if i put a turbo in it?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
about $6000 worth of stuff :sterb:

Injectors, Intake, Headers, Fuel pump, Fuel rails, tap your oil pan and get some oil feed and discharge lines, cooling lines inlet and outlet, Intercooler would help, which means either creating a new mount or find one that will fit, like off the 740 Volvo.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OUCH!!!!!!
lcurle said:
about $6000 worth of stuff :sterb:

Injectors, Intake, Headers, Fuel pump, Fuel rails, tap your oil pan and get some oil feed and discharge lines, cooling lines inlet and outlet, Intercooler would help, which means either creating a new mount or find one that will fit, like off the 740 Volvo.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the you have to think of the turbo, then waste gate (internal or external) Swing valve, boost guage (controler if wanted), acuator plumbing...its costly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you guys think of that venom chip thats supposed to add like 25% more Hp? (seen it in a summit mag. for $250)

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
what do you guys think of that venom chip thats supposed to add like 25% more Hp? (seen it in a summit mag. for $250)
That's getting pretty close in cost to a programmer, which you don't have to send out everytime you make a change.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kscoyote said:
That's getting pretty close in cost to a programmer, which you don't have to send out everytime you make a change.
?programmer?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
SCT Xcaliber II, diablo predator sport tuner, basically it does the same thing as a chip...just without the chip and you can edit, add, remove things you have programmed out or in when you want without getting a chip reflashed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
newstangownr said:
Invest it in a high-growth mutual fund. You'll be a millionaire by the time you retire.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:heha:

·
Registered
18 Posts
EGR delet?

lcurle, just wondering.. why do u have an EGR delet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.