Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am starting to look at getting a 07 Mustang Gt. I see a beautiful Grey 07 GT with 15K miles for sale and before I get too caught up with it is there anything that I should know about the 07 Gt's before I start to really look? I feel like a nubie even though I had a 97 Cobra for 8 years.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got an 07 GT...... dark grey.... actually i think the color is alloy and i absolutely love it!!!:bigthumbsup
The one that I'm looking at looks just like yours, only it has the chrome 5 spoke rims.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been driving mine for more than a year now, 50 000 kms (31 250 miles) with no issues at all...I had to replace the ball joints up front under warranty because they were a little loose but that's it...You'll enjoy it if you buy it! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
27 Posts
yea, rims r on the list!!!! so far ive got a c&l cai, diablo predator tuner, eibach pro springs, flowmasters, and an o/r h pipe.... ive got over 36,000 miles now and going strong.... bought it used Jan 1st and been havin a blast ever since.... also got steeda underdrive pulleys on the way!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 07 gt and have not had any problems. just check the valve stems on the tires, i had to have them all replaced and received a warning from ford about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard the spark plugs are prone to crack in half.. Any merit to that?
Also how finicky are the computers on these cars? If I do a CAI and exhaust do I need to get a ref-lash for the ECU?

·
Registered
27 Posts
there's a few cai's that advertise u dont need a reflash.... my advice is get a cai/programmer combo..... definately best mod so far!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a noticeable difference in power after you reflash?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Is there a noticeable difference in power after you reflash?
Oh yeah! :bigthumbsup

Get a C&L CAI and a SCT tuner, you won't regret it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
a HUGE difference!!!:D the c&l cai is great because u also get the benefit of oversized maf sensor at same time.... as for programmer most guys on here swear by the sct.... i got the diablo and very happy with it.... id like to see a side by side comparison.... id say go with whtevr ur local shop workswith or what u can get package deal with them together

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Since you already have a 'Stang you know how addicting they are to mod, which is usually the big warning I tell people. :gringreen
The ECU is more picky than on previous generations, but the advantage is you can feel a big difference with a tune.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know. I wanted to get an idea of what to expect with the aftermarket parts.

I sold my 97 in 06 and I have missed it ever since. I was thinking of getting another 97 Cobra but cant see paying 10-12 grand for a car that is 12 years old.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an 07 gt and have not had any problems. just check the valve stems on the tires, i had to have them all replaced and received a warning from ford about it.
Yeah, that is the only problem I have had with my '07 GT as well.
Got my notice way after the flat tire happened though.:hihi:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
id say go with whtevr ur local shop workswith
i agree with this... i went with the diablo cuz all the local tuners use diablo... if you ever need to get a dyno tune your all set to go or if you need any tuning help... you can get it locally.

Although though the SCT is probably beating the diablo by a ratio of 10:1 amongst the s197 croud online... and if you want online custom tunes.... there are atleast 10 reputable online custom tuners for SCT compared to diablo for which there is only one reputable tuner (note reputable as key word here).... just so you know... hopefully your local tuners use SCT so your set either way SCT... I find all the US s197 tuners use SCT and up here in Canada there obsessed with Diablosport for some strange reason.

good luck getting a new stang in the stable btw.... the s197 is far superior car in so many ways compared to the old mustang in terms of technology and reilability IMO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm am starting to look at getting a 07 Mustang Gt. I see a beautiful Grey 07 GT with 15K miles for sale and before I get too caught up with it is there anything that I should know about the 07 Gt's before I start to really look? I feel like a nubie even though I had a 97 Cobra for 8 years.
- This was the first year that 3.31 gears were standard and 3.55 became an option.

- Watch out for a water leak that floods the passenger side floorboard (comes in around the Smart Junction Box). The source of mine was around the cowl. There's a TSB out that you can find here on the site if you start experiencing the leak.

- You may have the newer hood liner introduced from late '07 onward that allows for better fit with strut tower braces.

- The factory manual shifter was much improved starting this year, taking care of the "slop" that '05 & '06 owners experienced with the shifter.

- I know that something minor from the GT500 was added to the 2007+ GT. It added weight but improved structural integrity. I can't remember exactly what, but another forum member may be able to fill you in.

- The muffler hangers in the rear of the car changed at some point in the 2007 production cycle, making installation of aftermarket axle-back mufflers harder.

That's all I can remember at this point.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think if I did any exhaust work it would be axle back for now. Since I don't think that there's is a big difference in power gains. Anyway I've done my fair share of exhaust swaps.

Good to know about the leak. If I do get this car I'll know when the build date is, which will make a bit easier to get info on.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Good choice in color. Same as mine

"Alloy Metallic" is the color they called in the the brochure when i bought my v6 (same color) but the color was drooped on 2010 models. (To the best of my knowledge)

Performance wise i went with SCT tuner from brenspeed and a pair of SLP loudmouths. Haven't seen any problem outside getting stopped by someone every time i stop and get gas telling me how nice of a car i have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.