Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 gt with a cold air kit, 3.73 gears, custom chip, BBK X pipe and borla off that. I ran 14.03 with the gears and a superchip, it was only my 4th time down the track ever so i dont know if that is good or bad. What should i run now with my new chip, intake, and X pipe? 13.60s?

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
13.6 would be very nice , but I would say 13.9 maybe 13.8 !

With your extra mods you may have more trouble getting off the line !

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ya you probably are good at launching your car and can get a good 60foot then i think you should be much lower than 13.6-esp with all these mods u mention

My friends 01 STICK Gt ran a 13.89 with just a cold air intake, x pipe, and 2 welded in flowmasters.

I havent been at the track yet at all since its about 2 hrs away(one way)!!! :sosad: ! but i think this summer I will def be there a couple of times :kooky:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Also i forgot to take into consideration, the altitude and temp and humidity, also gas octane, and also i read everywhere that the GT is 14 flat in th 1/4 and ppl say the gears will shave .3-.5 tenths so..............

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[mine is a stick, but yeah i probably do need to get suspension work first, i can be rolling at about 5 mph and punch it to the floor, and i am all over the place. I do want to get headers soon too. What are some other good mods for a gt besides s/c or nitrous.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
With the mods on my Sig (bbk o/r xpipe,flowmaster catback, shifter, 373s, predator tune,cold air intake, 70mm tb/plenum combo and with sumitomo htrz II tires) i ran 13.61 @ 101mph with a 60' of 2.0

I had to warm up the tires and feather the clutch really fast at around 2700rpm. track was better than the prevous when i did 13.8. my best time before gers was 13.9

So all depends, track conditions, temp, humidity.

14.0 is not bad but id say like 13.8 13.9 around there.

Actually scratch the 70mm tb/plenum... i didnt have that when i did the 13.6.

p.s. i am dynoed at 251rwhp and 293rwtq.

·
Registered
375 Posts
02stangbanginGT said:
[mine is a stick, but yeah i probably do need to get suspension work first, i can be rolling at about 5 mph and punch it to the floor, and i am all over the place. I do want to get headers soon too. What are some other good mods for a gt besides s/c or nitrous.

I would practice getting some type of launch down tight, suspension like control arms will def help and so would some steeda drag springs but you'll still need to learn how to launch your car right. Everyone has their own trick, i would read around on the forum and see what ppl do and try them and see what works best for you.

·
Registered
604 Posts
GTRmustang95 said:
Ya you probably are good at launching your car and can get a good 60foot then i think you should be much lower than 13.6-esp with all these mods u mention

My friends 01 STICK Gt ran a 13.89 with just a cold air intake, x pipe, and 2 welded in flowmasters.

I havent been at the track yet at all since its about 2 hrs away(one way)!!! :sosad: ! but i think this summer I will def be there a couple of times :kooky:
Yea the closest track near my town is 4 hours round trip! I'm going at the end of this month :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.