Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on an 87 gt? As I've said in my last post, mine is running real rich due to the bigger cam someone put in it and the fact that the m.a.p sensor cant compensate for it. Its getting between 5 and 6 mpg. If I put a fuel pump with about 20 lbs of pressure, would it help the car run less rix? Or if I put a fuel pressure regulator on it, would that help? If so, does anyone know about how much fuel pressure regulators go for? People have told me that a mass air flow conversion would help, but I'm trying to see if there are any less expensive ways.
Tom

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Fuel pressure regulators go for abour $40-65 for adjustable ones. Dont even bother with ones from part stores that arent adjustable. They are the same price and not adjustable.

With the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator removed, your fuel pressure gauge should read 38-39 psi.

What do you mean 20 lbs of pressure ? They are measured in liter per hour. Stock is I believe below 100. Most people upgrade to 190 or 255 lph because they are about the same price as a stock one, you suffer no ill effects from a higher demand capable pump, and you are covered for future upgrades.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks.
I meant to say 20 psi. Do you think that would help tone down the amount of fuel sent out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.