Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know the size of the bolt that holds the harmonic balancer onto the crankshaft? The bolt was lost when the harmonic balancer broke off.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I don't think you will find it at a hardware store. Junkyard or dealership. Might have one laying around here, but my thread checker doesn't go anywhere near that big.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you will find it at a hardware store. Junkyard or dealership. Might have one laying around here, but my thread checker doesn't go anywhere near that big.
Thats what I was thinking there is a u pull junk yard near me was going to check tomorrow. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a 12mm bolt. I bought one a few months ago, but I'm not completely sure that is what it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is a 12mm any idea about the length and thread count? This is whats stopping me from getting my car back together. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I was in my shop today and I forgot to check it. I had to buy a longer bolt to pull my ballancer back on the crankshaft after changing the front seal. The stock bolt isn't long enough to get the ballancer started in the crank. I've still got this bolt in my shop. If I can remember I'll check the size and pitch tomorrow. I won't be able to tell you the length because as I said, this bolt is longer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bolt size

thanks that would be greatly appreciated. I measured the depth of the hole and it is 1 3/4" there is also a large washer that goes on the bolt correct?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well now I'm wondering if I've lost my mind. I looked all over for that bolt, but I can't find it. I wonder if I even bought one, or how I got my ballancer back on. :headscratch:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts