Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i am building a 347 and i am wondering what size cam to run i have a set of afr 185 heads i am running carb and i also need to know what kind of intake thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am not sure about the heads i bought them off my buddy and he told them what he was building and they told him the heads would be fine cause he buikding the same motor has i am

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok good, are u building this car for the track or the street? my buddy has a 347 with AFR 185's, victor jr. intake, 650 speed demon carb, and the comp XE282 cam and was pushing close to 450 rwhp. its a high 10 second stang

·
Registered
141 Posts
i got a crane cam i cant remember the duration but its has .544 lift and a set of 185cc afr with a edelbrock rpm 2 intake (fuel injected) and i put down abou 430 at the back tires if u dont have the spring upgrade the bigest cam u can go is a .550 lift

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i just talked to my buddy he said he ordered upgrade cause he wanted the best i know it has doubled springs on them if that will let you know any thing i am wanting to drive on street on the weekends and take to track everyonce in a while i am wanting a cam that sounds really good i just do not know that much about cams that give the car a real mean sound if you guys know what i mean am going to be running automatic trans thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.