Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What size fuel injectors on 1993 2.3L Mustang?

14K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  09hatchback2.3 
#1 ·
what is the size of the fuel injectors on a 93 2.3 mustang? and if i upgrade them will i see much performance gain?

#3 ·
i think they are the same as in a non H.O. 5.OL (12# Bosch) mine were. I swapped them out for 19# Injectors from a 5.0L H.O. If you are thinking of swapping them out... remember to check the Impedance of the Injectors... If you chose wrong... Say Bye Bye to your ECM or the injectors (or both...)

#5 ·
you can correct the impedence by adding 50ohm resistors inseries and soldered onto one of the MAS wires, I forgot which one. Like going from green tops to brown tops, that a 300ohm resistance difference so we added 6 50ohm resistors to the MAS harness to equalize the impedence

#6 ·
lcurle said:
Like going from green tops to brown tops, that a 300ohm resistance difference so we added 6 50ohm resistors to the MAS harness to equalize the impedence
Ahem!.... The Brown Tops 35# and the Green Tops 30# have a similar resistance and can be shared between ECMs they are commonly found in turbofords w/2.3L Turbo motors. 12# and 19# injectors are low impedance, and the 30# and 35# injectors are High Impedance. there is a resistance tolerance that iny ECM can Handle, and ford uses injectors in which fall under two categories, Low and High.

And there shouldnt be that large of a resistance difference in the injectors at all unless you are reffering to the whole Injector Bank Harness, but as well... the Greens and Browns are used with the same family of ECMs; PE, PF, PC and LA. these all use those types of injectors.

#7 ·
Im not sure about the svo's but I know the 2.3L turbo b230 in our volvo needed the 300ohms of resistance going from stock 24# green tops to the brown tops, along with a change in the MAS. If you change out the injectors and dont change up the MAS you may run into some problems, again speaking from the volvo perspective.

#8 ·
lcurle said:
Im not sure about the svo's but I know the 2.3L turbo b230 in our volvo needed the 300ohms of resistance going from stock 24# green tops to the brown tops, along with a change in the MAS. If you change out the injectors and dont change up the MAS you may run into some problems, again speaking from the volvo perspective.
A B230 Volvo Motor is not the same as the 2.3L Lima Block, almost everything about them is practically different.

although people have used a b230 head on the "Lima" 2.3L it isnt as close to the Lima to cross reference ECM Harnesses, and Injector loads.

#10 ·
hondahunter93 said:
i have the injectors and the mass air meter, so it should just be a straight forward plug and play swap then, right? or is there anything else i will need?
thanks for all the help guys:)
You need the full harness, ECM, Vane Air Meter, ALL Sensors, and 2.3T Motor. Best Bet, buy a full donor and caefully disect it down to a rolling chassis, then swap it all into your mustang.

G
#14 ·
the stock injectors are 12lb you could swap them for the 5.0 19lb injectors but you will need to upgrade the fuel pump as well and posibly a CAI not much power difference just becuase your putting more fuel in you will need more air to go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.