Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have an 89 5.0 coupe. right now i have a set of 15's but im getting cobra r wheels next week and i was wondering what tire size id need for the 17's? i figured it would be 245/45/17 but someone said they rub or something. so i figured i would ask. also do you guys think a BFG traction t/a is a good tire to get because i can get some pretty cheap right now. thanks guys.

·
Registered
516 Posts
for some random reason my front left wheel rubs but not the right. i think its cause i wrapped that side of the car around a pole but whatever...275/40/17's out back and i got 225's out front, they are stretched like a mofo tho

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
as far as tires go, those BFG Traction T/A's are average at best. I would look into some Sumitomo's or even better some Falken ZE 512's. The Falkens are excellent tires for a real good price compared to the other tires. Sumitomo is the same way, but they are just slightly more expensive in the 245/45R17's. UI work at Sears and the Falkens were only like $120 or so a piece. I think we had the Tractions for more like $140 and they are not as good, but if you can get them cheaper than $100 per tire, do it, cause that is a real spendy size... Good Luck

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Econolodged said:
hey i have an 89 5.0 coupe. right now i have a set of 15's but im getting cobra r wheels next week and i was wondering what tire size id need for the 17's? i figured it would be 245/45/17 but someone said they rub or something. so i figured i would ask. also do you guys think a BFG traction t/a is a good tire to get because i can get some pretty cheap right now. thanks guys.
Since you are going Factory Ford 5 lug Cobra Rs, I would probably stick with 245/45/17s. If they rub at all up front, you can install rack limiters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.