Ford Mustang Forum banner

What size stripes?

8841 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  J&D
I'm getting my stang striped tomorrow and need to know what is the best size for the stripes. I like the ones on the 07 Shelby GT500 but dont know the width or the space between. Can u guys help me? Or if any of u have pics with info that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!:kooky:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
I have 10" stripes witha 2 in gap. I prefer the wide ones.
Mr. Mustang 06 said:
I'm getting my stang striped tomorrow and need to know what is the best size for the stripes. I like the ones on the 07 Shelby GT500 but dont know the width or the space between. Can u guys help me? Or if any of u have pics with info that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!:kooky:

Attachments

I patterned mine after the FR500 boy racer. I even scaled them...talk about anal. 9 1/4 X 1.5 space in the middle.:happyhapp

Attachments

I have 10" stripes with a 1.5" gap
I did 10 1/2" stripes with a 2" gap.

Pics in my gallery.
Talked to a guy that has a friend at SVT and they did his 8" wide with 1.5" in between, just fit over the license plate in back. There are so many diff ways out there that it is hard to decide.. I can't decide myself for when the time comes!! Good Luck!! :cool:
I'm wondering the same thing myself, i want them like the 07 Shelby, which i believe is 10" stripes with a 2" gap
I went with 10" wide 2" gap....this will put the stripes just on the outside of the washer nozzles.

Attachments

I have 12 inch stripes with a two inch gap. The outside edge of the stripes are almost at the center of the fog lights.

The wider stripes make the car bolder looking and customizes the car away from all ten inch vinyl stripes. With all due respect to all my vinyl loving buddies.....

Attachments

Mine's having the 12 inchers done as we speak.
Cool! Please post pics asap. What are the details? Color?
Pagan said:
Mine's having the 12 inchers done as we speak.
Here's mine with 13" Quicksilver stripes with 2" gap. Stripe comes out to roughly the centre of the fog lamps.

Where in Houston are you J&D and where did you have the stripes done ? I'm out west in Katy; stripes done by Dub Miller (now Legacy) Ford in Rozenburg.

Attachments

Stripes

Did mine at 10 & 2. The 07 Shelby uses a much smaller gap inbetween the stripes (1 inch)?

Attachments

I'm close to Hobby airport off I45. The stripes were done near me, Gulfgate Auto paint. Cool guy. Clean shop. Does little body work, just paint.
steve999_1 said:
Here's mine with 13" Quicksilver stripes with 2" gap. Stripe comes out to roughly the centre of the fog lamps.

Where in Houston are you J&D and where did you have the stripes done ? I'm out west in Katy; stripes done by Dub Miller (now Legacy) Ford in Rozenburg.
That's what I'm talking about!! Drivers should be intimidated by such a mean looking stang!!

Great color combo, Steve. My compliments.
steve999_1 said:
Here's mine with 13" Quicksilver stripes with 2" gap. Stripe comes out to roughly the centre of the fog lamps.
Thanks, yours is lookin' good too. I had thought about the Windveil blue as well, but really wanted the red interior. You must be close to Strictly Pro tuning shop.
J&D said:
That's what I'm talking about!! Drivers should be intimidated by such a mean looking stang!!

Great color combo, Steve. My compliments.
Where is it? I've heard of it, I just do not have a reason to go. I'll check it out on the WWW in a minute.

Red interior?? FLASHY!! post more pics when you have a chance.
steve999_1 said:
Thanks, yours is lookin' good too. I had thought about the Windveil blue as well, but really wanted the red interior. You must be close to Strictly Pro tuning shop.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top