Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my stang striped tomorrow and need to know what is the best size for the stripes. I like the ones on the 07 Shelby GT500 but dont know the width or the space between. Can u guys help me? Or if any of u have pics with info that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!:kooky:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mr. Mustang 06 said:
I'm getting my stang striped tomorrow and need to know what is the best size for the stripes. I like the ones on the 07 Shelby GT500 but dont know the width or the space between. Can u guys help me? Or if any of u have pics with info that would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot!:kooky:
I have 10" stripes witha 2 in gap. I prefer the wide ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I patterned mine after the FR500 boy racer. I even scaled them...talk about anal. 9 1/4 X 1.5 space in the middle.:happyhapp

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did 10 1/2" stripes with a 2" gap.

Pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Talked to a guy that has a friend at SVT and they did his 8" wide with 1.5" in between, just fit over the license plate in back. There are so many diff ways out there that it is hard to decide.. I can't decide myself for when the time comes!! Good Luck!! :cool:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing myself, i want them like the 07 Shelby, which i believe is 10" stripes with a 2" gap

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I went with 10" wide 2" gap....this will put the stripes just on the outside of the washer nozzles.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have 12 inch stripes with a two inch gap. The outside edge of the stripes are almost at the center of the fog lights.

The wider stripes make the car bolder looking and customizes the car away from all ten inch vinyl stripes. With all due respect to all my vinyl loving buddies.....

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Pagan said:
Mine's having the 12 inchers done as we speak.
Cool! Please post pics asap. What are the details? Color?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's mine with 13" Quicksilver stripes with 2" gap. Stripe comes out to roughly the centre of the fog lamps.

Where in Houston are you J&D and where did you have the stripes done ? I'm out west in Katy; stripes done by Dub Miller (now Legacy) Ford in Rozenburg.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Stripes

Did mine at 10 & 2. The 07 Shelby uses a much smaller gap inbetween the stripes (1 inch)?

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
steve999_1 said:
Here's mine with 13" Quicksilver stripes with 2" gap. Stripe comes out to roughly the centre of the fog lamps.

Where in Houston are you J&D and where did you have the stripes done ? I'm out west in Katy; stripes done by Dub Miller (now Legacy) Ford in Rozenburg.
I'm close to Hobby airport off I45. The stripes were done near me, Gulfgate Auto paint. Cool guy. Clean shop. Does little body work, just paint.

·
Registered
785 Posts
steve999_1 said:
That's what I'm talking about!! Drivers should be intimidated by such a mean looking stang!!

Great color combo, Steve. My compliments.

·
Registered
103 Posts
J&D said:
That's what I'm talking about!! Drivers should be intimidated by such a mean looking stang!!

Great color combo, Steve. My compliments.
Thanks, yours is lookin' good too. I had thought about the Windveil blue as well, but really wanted the red interior. You must be close to Strictly Pro tuning shop.

·
Registered
785 Posts
steve999_1 said:
Thanks, yours is lookin' good too. I had thought about the Windveil blue as well, but really wanted the red interior. You must be close to Strictly Pro tuning shop.
Where is it? I've heard of it, I just do not have a reason to go. I'll check it out on the WWW in a minute.

Red interior?? FLASHY!! post more pics when you have a chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.