Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 18" x 9" deep dish bullitt chrome rims from MustangTuning.com ($759.00 delivered with bullitt chrome lug nuts):)
Called a couple of tire shops and got the run around on sizes.:eyebulge: I figured I would ask the experts. You guys and gals in this forum.

What is a good size tire for these rims? Dont want to go to big. Is 255/45 good or can I go wider? What brand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
255/45 is what I would recommend. Stays right on with stock diameter. Larger sizes limit tire selection
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
I'm running 255/45s on both my cars witht the Bullitts. Everyone says it's a perfect look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
2horseowner said:
I'm running 255/45s on both my cars witht the Bullitts. Everyone says it's a perfect look.
Got some pics? :worship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
867 Posts
Check my gallery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
Just bought 18" x 9" deep dish bullitt chrome rims from MustangTuning.com ($759.00 delivered with bullitt chrome lug nuts):)
Called a couple of tire shops and got the run around on sizes.:eyebulge: I figured I would ask the experts. You guys and gals in this forum.

What is a good size tire for these rims? Dont want to go to big. Is 255/45 good or can I go wider? What brand?
255/45/18ZR is the right size...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
discofan said:
255/45/18ZR is the right size...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
Thanks alot--- Tires look great!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
Thanks alot--- Tires look great!!
Definitely post pics when you have them mounted and on the car, I am interested in the same rims, so any feedback/pics would be appreciated. :worship :worship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Warped minds think alike...

I too am looking at getting some 18" Deep-dish Bullits. A set for $799 including shipping is too good to pass up! Please do post pics when you get them on.

I just DID NOT like the 20's I had on. Went back to the original polished/spinners until I get new 18" wheels and tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I too am looking at getting some 18" Deep-dish Bullits. A set for $799 including shipping is too good to pass up! Please do post pics when you get them on.

I just DID NOT like the 20's I had on. Went back to the original polished/spinners until I get new 18" wheels and tires.
If any of you have any done business with Mustang Tuning in the past they offer a 10% off coupon over the web. Got the rims for 719.00, bullitt lug nuts for 20.00, free shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tonyswim3 said:
Definitely post pics when you have them mounted and on the car, I am interested in the same rims, so any feedback/pics would be appreciated. :worship :worship
No problem, should be sometime late next week. I have a pretty good gallery now if you want to check out my ride. But no pics with the rims yet.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
HazMatLadder26 said:
Just bought 18" x 9" deep dish bullitt chrome rims from MustangTuning.com ($759.00 delivered with bullitt chrome lug nuts):)
Called a couple of tire shops and got the run around on sizes.:eyebulge: I figured I would ask the experts. You guys and gals in this forum.

What is a good size tire for these rims? Dont want to go to big. Is 255/45 good or can I go wider? What brand?
9's will hold up to a 275 tire. Some are running 4 of these in order to rotate in the future. But for most, 275's in the front may be to large, maybe a 255 in the front and 275's in the rear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
nbk13nw said:
9's will hold up to a 275 tire. Some are running 4 of these in order to rotate in the future. But for most, 275's in the front may be to large, maybe a 255 in the front and 275's in the rear?
How about 255/40 or 45's all the way around on those 9" DeepDish rims? I want to be able to rotate (can't afford new tires as often :sosad: ); what would be the widest tire recommended all the way around. I know this is disucssed elsewhere...just a quick question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
255\45 18 is what i would have put all around, that way i could rotate. I put the 285\40 in the rear and i cant tell much difference in appearance. Although they reeaallllyyy hook up well. :tongue
:drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Thanks. I was planning on ordering 255/45R18's. I just don't want the wheel to be sticking out more than the rubber, ya know? So, just so I'm clear. The 255/45R18's on the 18x9 Deep Dish Bullits (from Mustang Tuning) will look proper? Anyone have this set up for pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Thanks. I was planning on ordering 255/45R18's. I just don't want the wheel to be sticking out more than the rubber, ya know? So, just so I'm clear. The 255/45R18's on the 18x9 Deep Dish Bullits (from Mustang Tuning) will look proper? Anyone have this set up for pics?
Dear Killer Wombat,

I have 255/45/18" tires on 18" Chrome Bullit Wheels and will attach a few pictures of the side clearance of the tire with regards to the fenders on my car...

It will give you another piece of information...

Dave :eyepoppin
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discofan,
Looks good! :thumbup Are those the regular or "deepdish" bullits? I'm wanting the deepdish ones. If those are the regular, will being deepdish change the overhang of the rim or tire?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
Discofan,
Looks good! :thumbup Are those the regular or "deepdish" bullits? I'm wanting the deepdish ones. If those are the regular, will being deepdish change the overhang of the rim or tire?
Dear Killer Wombat,

My rims are "NOT" deep dish bullit wheels...

Because of the clearance needed for the calipers, the deepdish offset will make the tires stick out past the fender well rim...

I did not want that look, so I got these wheels...

Dave :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
discofan said:
Dear Killer Wombat,

My rims are "NOT" deep dish bullit wheels...

Because of the clearance needed for the calipers, the deepdish offset will make the tires stick out past the fender well rim...

I did not want that look, so I got these wheels...

Dave :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I guess I didn't figure on that. The V6 I have has different calipers...so I wonder if the wheels will stick out as well. I don't want the tires out past the fenders.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top