Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 04 gt and what to drop the car but i dont want to spend extra money on shock and struts nor camber plates, i heard steeda springs are good because other than the spirngs i would just need a good alignment?
Are there anysprings out there that i can lower my car more than 1-1.25 inches without need much more than a alignment?
Thanks Conrad

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Eibach Pro-Kit. That's what I have on my car and it really stiffens up the ride and gives it more of a "feel" for the road. It lowered the car about 1.5" all around after it settled and looks great. The only thing I had to purchase was that kit.

I've attached a before picture and after picture. Hope this helps on your decision.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks thats a nice drop, makes it look sweet...do you think you got more of a drop than i probably would because your gt is a vert= more weight?

Thanks Conrad

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
spazzyfry123 , " Auto to Manual swap " :weeps how could you live with your self ! LOL !

Your stang looks really good with your new springs :thumbsup !
One day I will lower my 4x4 stance Mustang !

·
Registered
33 Posts
H&R sport springs are good too.

I am installing my H&R SUPERsport springs, gabriel foxbody shocks/struts, and Ganatelli U/L CA's tomorrow......I am so excited I can't sleep :laughlitt

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
spazzyfry123 said:
The Eibach Pro-Kit. That's what I have on my car and it really stiffens up the ride and gives it more of a "feel" for the road. It lowered the car about 1.5" all around after it settled and looks great. The only thing I had to purchase was that kit. -- Spazzy, "define really stiffens up the ride" since that would be a concern for me. Stiffen as in nice or stiffen as in brutal?

Mine (the 01) does need to come down a bit:

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put the Eibach Pro kit in my 03 gt convertible .. looked awesome and road nice. I put 20inch wheels on the car and now its basicly stock height lol so looking to go to the Eibach Sportline which is 1 inch lower then the Pro kit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
spazzyfry123 said:
The Eibach Pro-Kit. That's what I have on my car and it really stiffens up the ride and gives it more of a "feel" for the road. It lowered the car about 1.5" all around after it settled and looks great. The only thing I had to purchase was that kit.

I've attached a before picture and after picture. Hope this helps on your decision.:)
I have the pro kit sitting in a box in my garage. I was going to wait for money for shocks/struts. Maybe I don't have to???

·
Registered
97 Posts
Larry Sergent said:
I have the pro kit sitting in a box in my garage. I was going to wait for money for shocks/struts. Maybe I don't have to???
I put the koni adjustables all the way around in mine after having the prokit in for .. 3months or so. If it not for the deal i got on the struts and shock i would feel like i wasted my money as i found the springs felt fine on there own.

·
Registered
276 Posts
gdiddy said:
I put the koni adjustables all the way around in mine after having the prokit in for .. 3months or so. If it not for the deal i got on the struts and shock i would feel like i wasted my money as i found the springs felt fine on there own.
Thanks gdiddy. I'm tempted just to put 'em on. Anyone else with an opinion? Does the pro kit need after market shocks/struts??

·
Registered
34 Posts
definitely eibach pro kit it really changes the look of the car and it still clears MOST speed bumps (but u will still drag if u go to quick over them) and they arent to expensive

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got steeda springs for 100$ shipped on ebay, not as much of a drop as the prokit but i saved a good 100 to put toward a nice steeda alignment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.