Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago i picked up a nice 03 Gt with the 4.6 32v motor, i was looking for a superchip but dont know what one to get, it is a 5 speed and all the onces i looked at was mainly for autos. any help?

·
Registered
736 Posts
So you are saying someone dropped a cobra/mach 1 motor in your 03' GT? Just making sure.

G

·
Mike_Anderson said:
about a month ago i picked up a nice 03 Gt with the 4.6 32v motor, i was looking for a superchip but dont know what one to get, it is a 5 speed and all the onces i looked at was mainly for autos. any help?
32 valve motor in a GT? Was this some sort of swap? Let us know if it really is a 32V motor, or you just got something wrong. We'll help you out as best we can.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mana4Real said:
32 valve motor in a GT? Was this some sort of swap? Let us know if it really is a 32V motor, or you just got something wrong. We'll help you out as best we can.
it is a real 32v motor, no swap. it was kinda a shock to me my self when i came across the car. but it is a 32v SOHC motor.

G

·
qwkstang97 said:
www.sctflash.com and find a competent superchips custom tuning dealer to purchase from.

Superchips and SCT are two seperate entities and SCT is the far superior product.

Seperate but owned still by superchips. SCT is Superchips Custom tuning..which was geared for more individual cars with different mods etc instead of an off the shelf chip like superchips started out as.

G

·
Mike_Anderson said:
it is a real 32v motor, no swap. it was kinda a shock to me my self when i came across the car. but it is a 32v SOHC motor.
There is no SOHC 32 valve 4.6L motor. GT's come with SOHC 16 valve motors. Mach ones and cobras come with the DOHC 32 valve motor.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mbhmustang1998 said:
Seperate but owned still by superchips. SCT is Superchips Custom tuning..which was geared for more individual cars with different mods etc instead of an off the shelf chip like superchips started out as.
Actually just the superchips name is owned by them. Every thing else is owned by chris johnson and I think jerry W.

The msd buyout didnt effect sct at all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if it dont why do i have these specs?

Year/Make/Model: 2003 FORD MUSTANG GT Body Style: COUPE Engine Type: 4.6L V8 EFI 32V SOHC Manufactured In: UNITED STATES

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
because the 32V SOHC is a typo. The ONLY motor that has gone in the SN95 GT's since they discontinued the 5.0L pushrod engine is a 4.6L SOHC 16V V8.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
because the 32V SOHC is a typo. The ONLY motor that has gone in the SN95 GT's since they discontinued the 5.0L pushrod engine is a 4.6L SOHC 16V V8.
you know id take ur guys word and all but.. i dont thin carfax would have the wrong info from my vin # do u?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mike_Anderson said:
you know id take ur guys word and all but.. i dont thin carfax would have the wrong info from my vin # do u?

Well its easy to tell.

If the valve covers are narrow and black and you have a black plastic intake its a 16V sohc.

If the valve covers are wide and silver with 3 inch wide coil covers that say 32V and you have a cast aluminum intake its a 32V dohc.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Not to mention the only 32V motors made in the 2003 year either had a big huge shaker induction or a blower sitting on top.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
k well anyways didnt come here to get a talk about my motor lol.

was just wondering was the best chip/cpu is for my car, ill get u everything i have in a few days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.