Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

So last night I'm driving home from the local Mustang Club's cruise nite. I'm sitting in traffic and this POS Chevy s-10 blazer pulls up next to me and the driver shouts, "Put a real engine in it!". I look over at him and he pulls up another couple of car lengths and says something else that I couldn't hear. Unfortunately, it was really heavy traffic with lots of lights or I would've pulled up next to him and smoked him. He turned onto another street almost immediately.

I was like WTF? He's driving a beat-wagon V6 Blazer and tells ME to get a real motor? I was speechless. If he had been driving a Classic Camaro, or an LT1 or a Vette, etc., I would have laughed and waved -- I have no delusions about how fast my nearly stock GT is -- but a V6 Blazer....?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It is common for the chev guys to drop a small block in the s-10s and blazers. It could have been a sleeper, or they were just jealous...

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I didnt know ford put fake engine`s in there Mustang`s! men you learn somthing new every day!
If you got one of those mustang with the fake engine`s ,you got ripped off !

·
Registered
248 Posts
are you sure it wasnt a typhoon, or syclone, which ever one the blazers were, they had like 365 hp, they were supercharged 4.3s, and look like a regular one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
blazers were typhoons and the s10s were the syclones :yup:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
dollarbill said:
It is common for the chev guys to drop a small block in the s-10s and blazers. It could have been a sleeper, or they were just jealous...
Yeah, I had a handful of an s-10 with a 327 back in the day in my 68 Mustang.

We split it, he beat me once, I beat him, but I had a lot of miles on the '68s odometer then . ..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Those dang 327s always gave me fits! Way faster than the 350's

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, it wasn't a syclone -- and when I say it was a POS, I mean it. Rotted body panels, multi color paint, etc. And if he'd done a 327 motor swap he was killing it with the single 1.5" exhaust pipe. (no v8 rumble either)

The guy driving it looked like he hadn't changed his look since the Skynyrd plane crash when he was their biggest fan......

·
Registered
150 Posts
funkbuster said:
are you sure it wasnt a typhoon, or syclone, which ever one the blazers were, they had like 365 hp, they were supercharged 4.3s, and look like a regular one.
they were powered by a Mitsubishi TD06 turbo running 14.6 psi and have a Garret Air to Air intercooler and were AWD

The SyTy Motor produces an estimated 280hp at 4600rpm with 360ft/lbs of torque at 3600rpm. While these numbers are somewhat accurate, stock form trucks have been know to register 300+hp and 400+ft/lbs of torque on dynos.

info from syty.org

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i saw i typhoon crusing when i was in the 5.0, i should have followed it to see if he wanted to go, just to see how bad it would be. cool trucks though. gives the evos and wrx s a taste of their own medicine

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What's all this poop about? Hasn't anyone heard of a Lightning? Why worry about a POS s-10 when there are L's lurking around.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.