Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2007 Mustang GT. Currently I have Pypes LT headers, CAI with Brenspeed tunes. I have Detroit Rocker Cams ready to install.
What else will give the best bang for the buck? I want to add one more power addition. I do not want to go Super Charger. Too expensive for me.

BBK Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda Delete Plates
Throttle body

Or is there something I am missing?

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Hey,

I have a 2007 Mustang GT. Currently I have Pypes LT headers, CAI with Brenspeed tunes. I have Detroit Rocker Cams ready to install.
What else will give the best bang for the buck? I want to add one more power addition. I do not want to go Super Charger. Too expensive for me.

BBK Underdrive Pulleys
Steeda Delete Plates
Throttle body

Or is there something I am missing?

Appreciate your thoughts on this.
Delete plates will help out a bit. The underdrive pullies will relieve some of the pull on the motor. But a 100 shot of nitrous will leave you saying Holly S****:yup:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never did either. I bet that is a rush. Really don't need that. I won't be putting on a track. Thanks! Looking more for add ons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would throw some 3.73 rear gears under it. you can pick up a set like 140 bucks brand new. you have about every bolt on nailed down.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could skip the trottle body, apparently stock is good up to 450 hp, pulleys have a poor hp/cost ratio. You could also skip the delete plates and get an intake manifold with delete plates built in. Keep in mind that intake manifolds don't gain that much until higher rpm.

You could also ask Bkid about polishing the throttle body. I don't mean to put you on the spot Bkid. I wanted to polish my stock throttle body and sell it since it's just sitting on my self in the garage.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, the 3.73 gears sounds like a good option. I forgot about that. That may be my best option right now. Maybe the intake later.
I do want to polish my throttle body. Is it a pain. I expect it takes a lot of patients.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ask Bkid he polished his TB.

Are you on the highway a lot? If not, I'd recommend going with the 4.10. When I was torn between the two, the guy where I got it done convinced me to go with the 4.10. He also said that he'd had a bunch of people get 3.73s and come back to have them swapped for 4.10s, but never the other way around. :)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i would go with gears but are u doing more long drives like to work and back if so go with 3.73 if not go with 4.10

·
Registered
9 Posts
you should get some SLP axel-backs. they sound awesome an dyou can feel a little HP gain. get a CAI. dont get NOS, it will tear up your engine. and if you use to much in one shot you'll blow your engine.. not worth it to me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
00Colburn, What is your thoughts with the long driving? Is it gas mileage or driveability/negative impact to car?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
StangMe, people overrate the rpm gain from a 4.10 big time. I have them in my car and I wouldn't trade them for anything.... except a 4.30 maybe. :winks

On the highway, you will burn a tad more gas. In the city you will burn a tad less gas. It's not like you're going to be running down the highway at 4000rpm @ 70mph or anything crazy:nono:. I still get 24 miles per gallon (which is slightly less than I was getting with my 3.31s and no cai/tune) on the highway and I think that is fantastic from an 8cyl car.

If you have an auto, I think it's a no brainer to get the 4.10. I've read many times and just tonight on one of these threads, that someone who went from a 3.31 to a 3.73 didn't even really feel it much. I surely felt the 4.10:yup:

If you plan on running nitrous or a s/c, then the 3.73s (or even the stock gears) would be fine. If not and you are debating between them, and 22-24 MPG on the highway sounds okay, then I would highly recommend the 4.10. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks that is what I wanted to hear. I can deal with the gas mileage issue. Don't want to hurt the car. I plan on keeping it. I do more city driving anyway so that works out good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would go with gears and a intake also. I've had a lot of mustangs with all kinds of gears from 2.73's to 4.10's and I would go with 3.73's for a street car its the best IMO. I dont think you can go wrong with with either.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
as was stated before, time for GEARSSSS :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go with gears and steeda pullies.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
. . . pulleys have a poor hp/cost ratio. . . . .
Actually the underdrive pullies have about the best bang for the buck that you can get -- 10-15 HP for $200-250 is hard to beat

For the gears, the RPM change at the same speed is easy math -- for example if you are going from 3.31 to 4.10 gears --

4.10/3.31 = 1.24 or 124% or 24% increase -- meaning whatever RPM you were turning before at a given speed, multiply that by 1.24 to get the RPM the engine will be turning at the same speed with the 4.10 gears (all else being equal of course)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts