Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 05 black GT with charcoal/red interior, bone stock and about 250-300 bucks to spend on anything I want (birthday!)... I've been looking at ducktails, but can't decide which one (no factory spoiler so holes aren't a problem)... I like the CDC and the Legend... I have a friend who works at a custom body shop who'll paint any parts for me. I also am very interested in the Hurst shifter I've been reading about... looks very cool, and I'm not real fond of the stock shifter (too sloppy and too much throw, very unprecise)...

Looking for suggestions! or other mods within the admittedly small budget... not interested in ricing it out, I'll probably be getting mags eventually (after I destroy the stock tires).

TIA :handball:
scottydawg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that isn't an either/or proposition, meaning you should put a CAI on without a tune and there's no point in a tuner without other mods..

Is this incorrect?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
scottydawg said:
My understanding is that isn't an either/or proposition, meaning you should put a CAI on without a tune and there's no point in a tuner without other mods..

Is this incorrect?
Tuner is good for alot of things even bone stock (throttle response, some RWHP, better MPG, etc...) plus then you have it.

There is also CAIs that work without a tune, like the K&N, some others are claiming that too but I know for sure the K&N does not run lean!

For me it'd be a toss-up... tuner; maybe 10 RWHP and better engine performance. CAI; 15 RWHP and a throatier sound... if you're planning on more mods you'll need atuner anyways...

Just my .02 Euro Cents...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
scottydawg said:

Is this incorrect?
The 05 can definitely benefit from a good tune without any other mods...

Lidio from Altenative Auto picked up 20RWHP and over 30 pounds of torque with his 93 Octane Tune and removing the pre-catalytic converter... Check ot the details (including the dyno sheets) at :
http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/05mustang_tune.html

Lidio is one of the most respected tuners around... I already owned an X-Cal2 but I purchased a tune from him for my V6... It absolutely blew away the competitions tune! This guys works magic on these cars!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts