Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want some ideas on some things to do next i have about 600$ to spend i already have exaust, CAI, gears,SCT Xcal 2, i dont if anyone knows if headers for the V6 are any good i know they dont add to much hp but i guess every little bit counts, it all ads up i guess,if yal would just give me some ideas on what i should do next thanks

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
05mustang said:
Just want some ideas on some things to do next i have about 600$ to spend i already have exaust, CAI, gears,SCT Xcal 2, i dont if anyone knows if headers for the V6 are any good i know they dont add to much hp but i guess every little bit counts, it all ads up i guess,if yal would just give me some ideas on what i should do next thanks
$600 huh? the choice should be obvious! ZEX!!! you WILL NOT find another mod that will yield you as much performance per $$ as nitrous! you can slap on a base 75hp without having to mod anything else. no need to even re-flash! (at least not on the GT, might have to on the V6, you need to get a hold of fishingjts, when it comes to mod'n the V6, he is the man you need to talk to). now what other mod are you going to get for $600 that will net you anywhere near 75hp??? plus, you can build on your ZEX kit all the way up 175 hp with future mods!!! bottom end is the only limit!................... :worship ZEX!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree and second the motion.....:yup: You should see the torque curve when it hits...and you can install yourself...took me maybe 4 hours or so.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Well, I wouldn't put ZEX in your Mustang...unless you LIKE the idea of having a 12 second Pony.

Just look at my dyno results. Look at what happens as the nitrous kicks in at around 2700 RPM. There is nothing else out there that can give you a boost like that for $600.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not really big on goin to the track that much or like harcore street racing, am i only goin to be able to use this every once in awhile?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
thats the beauty of nitrous. you flip it on when you want it... off when you dont... and since it is only on a short time in the lifespan of the motor you will not suffer the ill effects of poor gas mileage and the additional wear and tear on your motor as you would with mods that are pushing extra hp all the time such as superchargers. (although i hear you can get a clutch pulley and turn those on and off as well these days) it is illegal to run nitrous on the street, but if your modding your car you are probably hot rodding it a little on the street anyway, so legality is out the door anyway. if you dont go to the track, where else are you getting on it??? answer: the street, even though you shouldnt.:winks

·
Registered
767 Posts
5twenty said:
Well, I wouldn't put ZEX in your Mustang...unless you LIKE the idea of having a 12 second Pony.

Just look at my dyno results. Look at what happens as the nitrous kicks in at around 2700 RPM. There is nothing else out there that can give you a boost like that for $600.
In no way am I doggin' your car so don't take it that way. And yes, the torque looks good. But you're only getting 302hp on a NO2 shot? Am I reading that right?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
hawgman said:
In no way am I doggin' your car so don't take it that way. And yes, the torque looks good. But you're only getting 302hp on a NO2 shot? Am I reading that right?
Don't worry hawgman, I know you aren't disrespecting my car. I though that they were pretty low, turns out they're really not that bad.

There are a lot of reasons for that. It's a conservative 90 octane tune because that's about the best we get around here without spiking your tank everytime you fill up. It's also numbers from a Mustang Dyno which typically are 15% less than other dynos. That makes my 245 base number more like 281 if taken on a Dynojet Then if I had your pulleys and electrc water pump, which I don't, I'd be right there with your 304 hp. You also have to remember that manufacturers like ZEX put HP that are at the flywheel or even at the crank unless they specifically mention rwhp. So a 100 shot loses 15% from flywheel to wheels and lose another 15% because of he Mustang dyno factor and is more in line with the 60 hp I gained.

To me, dyno numbers are completely meaningless, it's the time at the track that counts and those meager HP numbers were good enough for low 13s on stock tires with just a CAI and a tune. Not many can claim those numbers with a similar setup. Nitrous is sure to put me well into the 12s.

Just wondering, what kind of dyno did you get your numbers from? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
05mustang said:
im not really big on goin to the track that much or like harcore street racing, am i only goin to be able to use this every once in awhile?
That's what I thought. if that's how you feel then don't go near the track. If you go even once you'll be hooked for life.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i was thinking maybe suspension, thats probably what ill do next lower it a little bit will make it look alot better

·
Registered
767 Posts
5twenty said:
Just wondering, what kind of dyno did you get your numbers from? Thanks.
SAE on a DynoJet. Uncorrected looked alot more impressive, but doesn't count for caca. If I remember right the uncorrected was 310/330

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
5twenty said:
To me, dyno numbers are completely meaningless, it's the time at the track that counts
you hit it right on the head 5twenty....dynos are just tools for gauging relative performance... what really matters is the track ets, people put too much into dyno numbers when they should be looking at ets to measure the success of thier performance mods:tongue

·
Registered
767 Posts
Not disagreeing a bit. But it is hard to measure success on your chosen prefered measuring method when the tracks are closed for the season. Sorry I asked a dyno HP question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts