Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have to admit ive got the preformance bug now, i got my car where i want it to be in looks now its time to add some horse power, I already have a magnaflow exaust, SCT Xcal 2 and cai and i was wandering what I should do next for my V6, pullies, throtle body, gears, headers. Iam basicly asking yal to give me a list of some stuff to do, I want people to say damn thats pretty fast for a V6
with out doing a blower or nos.....yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
05mustang said:
Well I have to admit ive got the preformance bug now, i got my car where i want it to be in looks now its time to add some horse power, I already have a magnaflow exaust, SCT Xcal 2 and cai and i was wandering what I should do next for my V6, pullies, throtle body, gears, headers. Iam basicly asking yal to give me a list of some stuff to do, I want people to say damn thats pretty fast for a V6
with out doing a blower or nos.....yet.
Synchronicity...I just posted a question about headers for my V6 yesterday too. I'm completely new to this car mod scene, but my basic strategy so far has been the same as yours, followed by a series of handling mods (see signature for details), which should hopefully support the significant added power of the ATI Procharger. I still want to get some subframe connectors installed, and then a new set of (fatter) tires will top off the package.

I definitely hear ya regarding the ultimate goal...a "stealth" Pony! I even bought the "4.0" emblem for the front quarter panel, so the Potomac luxury/perf people get lulled into a false sense of superiority! Happy hunting...

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't know enough about the V6's but if the GT is any indication after a CAI and a tune headers and a true dual setup should give good gains. If they are available underdrive pulleys wood also be a good mod.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have done the same mods as you with the exception of the addition of 4:10 gears. The 4:10's really bring it all together. So, since you asked, I would suggest gears. I ran a 14.7 ET without gears and am anxious to see how my times have improved.

·
Registered
502 Posts
rgensemer said:
I have done the same mods as you with the exception of the addition of 4:10 gears. The 4:10's really bring it all together. So, since you asked, I would suggest gears. I ran a 14.7 ET without gears and am anxious to see how my times have improved.
Fourteen-seven is a freakin' GREAT time...nice job. My drag skills must suck as I could not go better than 16.6 even AFTER the 3.73s. One more New Year's Resolution...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.