Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 mustang with a 3.8l i was wandering what i could do to the car without having to put a bigger motor in it to beef it up. Everything on the car is stock.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
track car, daily driver, street/strip car, weekend cruiser.. something else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gotta be more specific than that buddy

Most people who arent looking to change the motors go the simple bolt-on route, that being exhaust, CAI, tune, gears+t-lok, etc

Basic bolt-ons might net you 20-30 hp if that to the rear wheels. Worth doing to start. Beyond that, without engine work ... idk small shots of nitrous? Not sure what the 94-98 3.8's can take but I would say a 75-100 might be the most you'd want on a stock motor (talk to shiner)

There are all sorts of stickies already for bolt-on info and improving our sixxers, there are also HUNDREDS of threads that will tell you how to mod your car in the best ways, just gotta search. And trust me, search will be your friend.

Good luck, sir :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well im kinda thinking about putting a 302 in it if i can find a donar car.. will i need complete new wiring or do they favor eachother?

R

·
0 Posts
It depends on if you are going fuel injected or carbed.
A carbed 302 swap on a 94-95 is not that bad of swap. A 96-98 302 swap require a new K-member.
Fuel injected requires a harness swap and more. Check out the sticky on the top of the Tech forum.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Turbo or else you're just pissing your money away. You can spend thousands and still be slower than a 96-98 GT npi.

You a big power increase for cheap? Sell your V6 and spend 1000 more to get a GT.

Read the sticky in the tech forum for v8 swaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts