Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im 16, almost 17 getting my license on january 6th and once i sell my quad im getting new rims, tires, some small stuff, and should have about 1200 to spend on performance. right now i have a 94' gt with only a cold air intake, magnaflow catbacks, a mac offroad h pipe, eibach springs, and tokico gas shocks. i want this car to be able to rip most of the ricers out there and anyone at my school so im leaning towards custom twin turbos which ive researched and really want to do but im not sure because the motor has 100k miles on it. i was also thinking about just getting headers and some aluminum heads but once the motor goes i wont be able to reuse these, ive got a 93' gt block sitting in the garage too that i could put turbos on if i did them.

basically how much hp would i be putting out with what i have now, headers, and some aluminum heads?

does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

·
Registered
141 Posts
y wouldnt u be able to use the head and headers again???

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sorry i meant to ask that too, i know the pulley system is different so i wasnt sure if the whole block was or just that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
what are you talking about ?????

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
The only real difference between the two blocks is pistons in the years older than 93. 94-95 did not come with forged pistons.

Your heads dont go (90% of the time) when your motor decides to say good night. It depends on what fails , such as bad oil pump causes the engine to lockup, running with no coolant cooks everything, or just piston rings wearing away and losing compression. I would never purchase aluminum heads and have seconds thoughts about putting them on a high mileage motor. They are just as fixable as anything else.

IMO twin turbos would be way more money than you think you are going to spend and heads are fairly easy to swap out. Twin turbos on a relatively stock motor is not the best way to proceed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Turbo, twin turbos??? $1200?? If you got turbo(s) your tune would be like $800 alone to get the car running right. You would need to do alot before you could even put a turbo on your car. The turbo kit I want is like $7000. If I was you I would get your heads ported and polished (good aluminum heads will be about $1200 then you wont have anything to match them), get a cam, 24lb injectors, and maybe an intake manifold if you have enough money left. This stuff will make a big difference. You should be able to eat plenty of rice. Drive it like that for awhile and save some money for the bottom end since it will need rebuilt soon for more mods, or even stroke it out. Then just keep adding on. Dont rush into this, you can actually make your car slower if your not careful, usally when you change one thing something else should be changed to go with it. Good luck! Have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.