Ford Mustang Forum banner

What to do with $4000

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  lionbaseball 
#1 ·
Okay everyone I have saved up about $4000 and I need some advice. I am about to head off to college (scholarship is covering most of it so my savings isn't going to be used for college) I already have exhaust, intake, LCA, new suspension, and a ton of appearance mods. Should I keep saving and eventually get a supercharger system for $4500-5000 or trade in on a GT in a couple of years when my insurance lowers?(which is the reason I have a V6 currently.) Or should I get new gears and a new driveshaft. Motor rebuild(120,000 miles), motor swap? What's the best route for me currently, thanks for the advice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Sounds like your car has pretty much everything you want. I would consider saving it for two reasons. 1. You never know what will come ahead and u need something to fall back on. 2. You can upgrade your car in the near future . Ultimately it's what you think but I personally like having cash to spend at any moment. I HATE being broke at any moment in time. Goodluck bro.

#4 ·
I am about to head off to college (scholarship is covering most of it so my savings isn't going to be used for college)
Give it to me then....I'm a taxpayer and funded you! JK!

Save it! You have no idea where your life will take you and it may be the difference on taking a chance or not.....your future will require a substantial outlay of effort, time and MONEY.....in equal increments.:laugh2:

#5 ·
Put it back in a savings/investment of some sort. When you get out of collage then pay off what's left of the loans. It will save you a lot more money as you pay off the loan monthly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, I busted my *** in high school to get the scholarships I did but I also think saving the money in some sort of investment is the smartest approach. I was also able to buy another car a few months ago (G35 sedan) from my awesome job to drive to college so my mustang won't be accumulating any miles so it should retain decent value it will just get older. One day I'll have that GT though ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Nice job on saving up.. Go buy some silver lol

I made the mistake of blowing my $16k+ I worked my butt off in the oil field for on my car and mods. Had scholarships for nearly a full ride. I highly recommend something solid. A roth IRA would be a good choice, but we see how the economy is going. Slap $1,500 in a roth and either grab a turbo kit for the car or buy a pile of silver and bury it in a bunker in your backyard.

#12 ·
spend and extra 2500 on a 5.3 stroker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.